[release] Release countdown for week R-1, October 7-11

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Thu Oct 3 19:32:45 UTC 2019

Development Focus
-----------------

We are on the final mile of this Train ride!

(You can thank Thierry for that one ^)

Remember that the Train final release will include the latest release candidate
(for cycle-with-rc deliverables) or the latest intermediary release (for
cycle-with-intermediary deliverables) available.

Thursday, October 10th is the deadline for final Train release candidates as
well as any last cycle-with-intermediary deliverables. We will then enter a
quiet period until we tag the final release on October 16th. Teams should be
prioritizing fixing release-critical bugs, before that deadline.

Otherwise it's time to start planning the Ussuri development cycle, including
discussing Forum and PTG sessions content, in preparation of the Summit in
Shanghai next month.

Actions
---------

Watch for any translation patches coming through on the stable/train branch and
merge them quickly. If you discover a release-critical issue, please make sure
to fix it on the master branch first, then backport the bugfix to the
stable/train branch before triggering a new release.

Please drop by #openstack-release with any questions or concerns about the
upcoming release!

Upcoming Deadlines & Dates