Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter v4.5.0 Released!

Need Help
I'm facing session related issue

Once the user change the option, the other select tag's option will be dynamically add via ajax

HTML
Code:
<!-- New Program Details -->
        <div class="col-12 col-md-6 col-lg-4 col-xxl-3">
            <div class="form-group mb-3">
                <label for="institute" class="mb-2">Institute</label>
                <?php $institutes = $appLib->getInstituteList(); ?>
                <?= form_dropdown('institute', $institutes, '', 'id="institute" class="custom-select-2 mb-2" data-width="100%" required ') ?>
                <span class="text-capitalize error-span text-danger ms-1 my-2 d-none"></span>
            </div>
        </div>
        <div class="col-12 col-md-6 col-lg-4 col-xxl-3">
            <div class="form-group mb-3">
                <label for="degree" class="mb-2">Degree</label>
                <?php $degrees = $appLib->getDegreeList(); ?>
                <?= form_dropdown('degree', $degrees, ' ', 'id="degree" class="custom-select-2 mb-2" data-width="100%" required') ?>
                <span class="text-capitalize error-span text-danger ms-1 my-2 d-none"></span>
            </div>
        </div>

JS
Code:
function getDegreeList(inst_id) {
$.ajax({
url : base_url + 'app/getDegreeList',
type: 'POST',
data: {#post_data},
  dataType:'html',
success: function(data) {
$('#selectTag').html(data);
},
error: function(xhr,status,err) {
console.log('xhr => ',xhr,' Status => ',status,' Err => ',err);
},
});
}

Once the data from the server has added to the select tag, i have submit my form, the session()->flashdata() did not works
PHP Code:
session()->setFlashdata() 

If i'm not dynamically add options to the select tag, the below code works
PHP Code:
session()->setFlashdata() 

Why i am facing this ?
Reply me to this thread

It appears you are trying to add session data using Ajax and that is failing. That would make this an Ajax or JavaScript issue..

You might be better off trying a JavaScript support forum. Personally, I try to use frameworks such as Codeigniter to avoid JavaScript whenever possible.

It looks like your page is not reloading after returning the HTML object in $('#selectTag').
As far as I know, flashdata is only shown at page load. You can add additional data as result of the ajax post and use this to call a modal or a toast.

(This post was last modified: 05-09-2024, 05:18 AM by LP_bnss.)

I have more input tags in that form, but i had only showcase two select tags

In my case
When user submit the form, ajax can takes responsible to call the controller and,
  • If validation is true, the data will be inserted to the DB and then it will reloads the current page from the controller.
  • If validation is false then i return the validation error as JSON Format to the ajax.

(05-09-2024, 04:01 AM)Bosborne Wrote: It appears you are trying to add session data using Ajax and that is failing. That would make this an Ajax or JavaScript issue..

You might be better off trying a JavaScript support forum. Personally, I try to use frameworks such as Codeigniter to avoid JavaScript whenever possible.

I have already worked with CI3, the same concept works in CI3 but in CI4 why i can't achieve this

(04-25-2024, 12:35 AM)kenjis Wrote: @eelisland It is a known problem.

Note: Unfortunately now the User Guide on the official site is not yet updated due to the deployment trouble.

https://github.com/codeigniter4/CodeIgni...ssues/8757

@kenjis 

Thank you for getting the User Guide on the official site updated.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB