upgrading to 1.2.24 mysql values problem?

If you figure out how to do something interesting/cool in Cacti and want to share it with the community, please post your experience here.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

liorh007

upgrading to 1.2.24 mysql values problem?

Post by liorh007 »

Hello

i have ran the install of cacti 1.2.24 and i get those errors that stops me from moving forward (getting the next batton)

no matter what values i enter i get the required value as a negative number?

as you can see in the below.
how can i solve this so i can continue with the install.

thank you Lior

join_buffer_size 64 M <=-3.25 M
When performing joins, if they are below this size, they will be kept in memory and never written to a temporary file. As this is a per connection memory allocation, care must be taken not to increase it too high. The sum of the join_buffer_size + sort_buffer_size + read_buffer_size + read_rnd_buffer_size + thread_stack + binlog_cache_size + Core MySQL/MariaDB memory should be below 80%. If the recommendation is negative, you must decrease this and or the sort_buffer_size until the recommendation fits within the allowable memory.

sort_buffer_size 64 M <= -3.25 M
When performing joins, if they are below this size, they will be kept in memory and never written to a temporary file. As this is a per connection memory allocation, care must be taken not to increase it too high. The sum of the join_buffer_size + sort_buffer_size + read_buffer_size + read_rnd_buffer_size + thread_stack + binlog_cache_size + Core MySQL/MariaDB memory should be below 80%. If the recommendation is negative, you must decrease this and or the sort_buffer_size until the recommendation fits within the allowable memory.
macan
Cacti Pro User

Re: upgrading to 1.2.24 mysql values problem?

Post by macan »

change your mysql configuration, typically file my.cnf. Comment says:
If the recommendation is negative, you must decrease this and or the sort_buffer_size until the recommendation fits within the allowable memory.
Let the Cacti grow!
TheWitness
Developer

Re: upgrading to 1.2.24 mysql values problem?

Post by TheWitness »

Generally, I would decrease the innodb_buffer_pool to no more than 50% of your systems memory, unless you have a plugin that generates very large tables like:

1) MacTrack
2) FlowView
3) Syslog

In some cases, if the database get's too large where you can not cache all the RRDfiles in the remaining memory, moving the database to a separate server is in order.
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?