Juniper MX960 host template

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

timi
Cacti User

Re: Juniper MX960 host template

Post by timi »

looks like there is a problem with your perl modules, try to upgrade or reinstall
snasre

Post by snasre »

Well I have imported the Juniper MX960 template and I see that the graph templates and host templates are imported, but if I go to data queries, and click on Juniper data queries it says could not locate the XML file. Is that a problem? Did my import work?
timi
Cacti User

Post by timi »

snasre wrote:Well I have imported the Juniper MX960 template and I see that the graph templates and host templates are imported, but if I go to data queries, and click on Juniper data queries it says could not locate the XML file. Is that a problem? Did my import work?
you did not follow the steps describe, you need put the xml file in the <path_cacti>/resource/snmp_queries/
NaT1

Post by NaT1 »

Sorry to bump this old thread but I'm curious if anybody succeed to use this template over other MX models (MX104 maybe?)
hazey

Post by hazey »

Sorry, not tried this on any other MX, though likely to do so later this year.

For other that find this thread, the perl has a dependancy on 'SNMP_util', this can be installed using the package 'libsnmp-session-perl'
bleearg
Cacti User

Post by bleearg »

I'm having a similar problem after migrating Cacti to a new server. The script cannot poll my routers and for some reason, it keeps trying to use SNMPv1, according to the output:

Code: Select all

SNMP Error:
no response received
SNMPv1_Session (remote host: "xx.xx.xx.xxxxxx.xx" [192.168.1.65].161)
I can query hosts from the Cacti server just fine using v2c. If I configure the router to accept SNMPv1 requests, it works, but I don't want to do that on all my routers. Is there a way to force these scripts to use SNMPv2c? I don't understand why it works on the old server and not the new, unless something has changed between the different versions of Perl/Net::SNMP.

EDIT: As is usually the case, after wasting half a day on the problem, I find the solution less than 60 minutes after posting to a public forum. The issue for me was the difference between the SNMP_util.pm on the old server and the new server. The new server helpfully had the following:

$version = '1' unless defined $version;
Whereas the old server was:

$version = '2c' unless defined $version;
Changed it and now everything works as it should.
dogs1005

Post by dogs1005 »

nilsmax wrote:Every time i did add temple to my host i get following errors

This data query returned 0 rows, perhaps there was a problem executing this data query. You can run this data query in debug mode to get more information.
Select a graph type:

in Debug query i'm getting this

+ Running data query [12].
+ Found type = '4' [Script Query].
+ Found data query XML file at '/var/www/html/cacti/resource/script_queries/juniper.xml'
+ XML file parsed ok.
+ <arg_num_indexes> missing in XML file, 'Index Count Changed' emulated by counting arg_index entries
+ Executing script for list of indexes 'perl /var/www/html/cacti/scripts/juniper.pl brio.englab.juniper.net public index' Index Count: 0
+ Executing script query 'perl /var/www/html/cacti/scripts/juniper.pl brio.englab.juniper.net public query index'
+ Executing script query 'perl /var/www/html/cacti/scripts/juniper.pl brio.englab.juniper.net public query description'

can you please help me on this.
I know this is an old thread but has anyone found a solution to this error yet or point me to other juniper mx960 templates/

Thanks in advance
yurkou

Post by yurkou »

Hi.
You need to install SNMP_util.pm http://www.filewatcher.com/m/SNMP_util.pm.41180-0.html
jayarathna

Post by jayarathna »

hi All
I have installed cacti Version 1.1.38 on centos7 but i have missed to tick device template list so, i have download templates from (https://docs.cacti.net/templates) for Official Cacti 1.x Packages. but its there not there juniper M series official package.
there is Contributed Host Templates with juniper template which i have tried to install but its not working since its there are many .xml files as attached print screen,

Kindly someone send me a link to download Juniper M Series Device Template to run as below,

#cd /usr/share/cacti/cli/
# php ./import_template.php --filename=cacti_host_template_juniper_mx960.xml.gz

Thanks,
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (17.81 KiB) Viewed 2944 times
netniV
Cacti Guru User

Post by netniV »

I'm not aware that there is a packaged version of the Juniper device. You can import the other template files (*.xml) using the Import/Export from the Console menu in Cacti itself.
Cacti Developer & Release Manager
The Cacti Group

Director
BV IT Solutions Ltd

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------+

Cacti Resources:
Cacti Website (including releases)
Cacti Issues
Cacti Development Releases
Cacti Development Documentation
mudmud

Post by mudmud »

Hi everyone,

Can someone please share this juniper MX960 template somewhere else? Link in Timi's signature no longer seem to work :(

Thank you in advance!
RRSS

Post by RRSS »

Hi All;

I am trying to display graphes for my router Juniper MX but I think I need the template and snmp queries to add in my cacti, someone can share with the required files as All links mentionned in the post are still not available?

Thank you