Manage Plugin 0.6.2 for monitoring networks, servers...

General discussion about Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

gilles
Cacti User

Re: Manage Plugin 0.6.1 for monitoring networks, servers...

Post by gilles »

prospero63 wrote:I've tried searching all 59 pages, and am having a hard time finding anything close to my problem.

Running Cacti Version: 0.8.7g, Plugin Architecture Version: 2.9, Manage 0.6.2 on a Windows box. Whenever I try to select any kind of TCP template and click save, it doesn't save the template type. I've tried it both directly editing the device as well as through the manage drop down. Everything else seems to get set correctly, but not the TCP template. Ideas?

EDIT - I'm redoing an RTFM. I'll update if that does/doesn't fix things...

EDIT 2 - Nah, I got nothing. I've installed the TCP port template as best as I can tell, follower the #INSTALL.txt as near as I can tell and nothing. I can enable/disable manage, but all the other options/drop downs don't work at all.
don't search, this is NORMAL
when you apply a template, the data sources are created : verify that yours are created
this parameter is not saved because you can manually create/delete data sources and so this parameter can display wrong things
gilles
Cacti User

Post by gilles »

prospero63 wrote:I noticed when I dropped back to the main cacti page I was seeing the error referenced in this thread. That made me think that the SQL DB was horked up, and sure enough it seemed like it was. So I ran the 9-uninstall.sql file against the DB and then ran the 1-7 manage/upgrade files. This appears to have gotten me back to where I was.

I can check/uncheck manage, change the icon image, select the site/group, and specify the private email to sending alerts.

I can NOT specify the template, change the enable host threshold (it shows 1 in the box but the text says it's currently 0) or define the administration link. I feel like there's something DB related missing here. Any ideas? TIA.
use the manage debug link to verify all tables are created

host threshold is when an alarm is triggered (currently 0 = your host is up)
steffenn

Post by steffenn »

Hello,

Im looking for the previously mentioned v0.6.2, but I cant find the image.

One question else. There is a nice page at cacti's doc site about all cacti plugins:
http://docs.cacti.net/plugins

What is the reason that "Manage" isnt mentioned there?

Steffen
prospero63

Post by prospero63 »

gilles wrote:
prospero63 wrote:I've tried searching all 59 pages, and am having a hard time finding anything close to my problem.

Running Cacti Version: 0.8.7g, Plugin Architecture Version: 2.9, Manage 0.6.2 on a Windows box. Whenever I try to select any kind of TCP template and click save, it doesn't save the template type. I've tried it both directly editing the device as well as through the manage drop down. Everything else seems to get set correctly, but not the TCP template. Ideas?

EDIT - I'm redoing an RTFM. I'll update if that does/doesn't fix things...

EDIT 2 - Nah, I got nothing. I've installed the TCP port template as best as I can tell, follower the #INSTALL.txt as near as I can tell and nothing. I can enable/disable manage, but all the other options/drop downs don't work at all.
don't search, this is NORMAL
when you apply a template, the data sources are created : verify that yours are created
this parameter is not saved because you can manually create/delete data sources and so this parameter can display wrong things
Gotcha. Thanks!
prospero63

Post by prospero63 »

gilles wrote:use the manage debug link to verify all tables are created
OK, due to uninstall/reinstalls they were not all created. I have since rerun the SQL commands and the debug is reporting OK across the board (once I saved the user settings of course). Now I seem to be getting the error:

ERROR: the RRD does not contain an RRA matching the chosen CF

For all the graphs...
gilles wrote:host threshold is when an alarm is triggered (currently 0 = your host is up)
OK, that makes sense now.
prospero63

Post by prospero63 »

Actually, let me post the full debug output results:

Current version : 0.6.2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Upgrade needed : none
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Table 'manage_host' : OK (0.1)
Column 'manage' from table 'host' : OK (0.1)
Table 'manage_alerts' : OK (0.1)
Column 'force' from table 'manage_host' : OK (not here) (0.2/0.5.2)
Table 'manage_templates' : OK (0.2)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Column 'group' from table 'manage_host' : OK (0.3)
Table 'manage_groups' : OK (0.3)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Column 'oid' from table 'manage_alerts' : OK (0.4)
Table 'manage_process' : OK (0.4)
Table 'manage_services' : OK (0.4)
Setting 'manage_poller_hosts' from table 'settings' : OK (0.4)
Table 'manage_sites' : OK (0.5)
Table 'manage_tcp' : OK (0.5)
Table 'manage_host_services' : OK (not here) (0.1/0.5)
Table 'manage_poller_output' : OK (0.5)
Column 'thresold_ref' from table 'manage_host' : OK (0.5)
Column 'thresold' from table 'manage_host' : OK (0.5)
Column 'mail' from table 'manage_host' : OK (0.5)
Column 'site_id' from table 'manage_groups' : OK (0.5)
Setting 'manage_global_email' from table 'settings' : OK (0.5)
Setting 'manage_double_email' from table 'settings' : OK (0.5)
Setting 'manage_poller_plus' from table 'settings' : OK (0.5)
Column 'type' from table 'manage_host' : OK (0.5.2)
Column 'services' from table 'manage_host' : OK (not here) (???/0.5.2)
Setting 'manage_accounts_tab' from table 'settings' : OK (0.5.2)
Setting 'manage_accounts_settings' from table 'settings' : OK (0.5.2)
Setting 'manage_accounts_reporting' from table 'settings' : OK (0.5.2)
Setting 'manage_accounts_sites' from table 'settings' : OK (0.5.2)
Setting 'manage_accounts_groups' from table 'settings' : OK (0.5.2)
Table 'manage_device_type' : OK (not here) (0.2/0.5.2)
Setting 'manage_enable' from table 'settings' : OK (0.5.2)
Table 'manage_uptime_method' : OK (0.6)
Table 'manage_admin_link' : OK (0.6)
Setting 'manage_uptime_method' from table 'settings' : OK (0.6)
Setting 'manage_uptime_cisco' from table 'settings' : OK (0.6)
Setting 'Use Windows PHP Patch' : OK Don't use. Select 'No'.
Plugin Thold : OK
Concurrent Manage Pollers : OK
Devices : OK
User settings : OK (26)
gilles
Cacti User

Re: Manage Plugin 0.6.2 for monitoring networks, servers...

Post by gilles »

prospero63

Post by prospero63 »

Awesome doc. I think in my case, I'm past most of the issues. At this point I have a problem, and I have a workaround, but I don't know if the workaround is the right way to do things or if the problem really exists or not.

Basically when the graph gets created by the manage plugin for TCP port monitoring, once the polling cycle has completed and the RRD files get created, etc. I get the following error:

If I go in and edit the graph template and change the CF to last, then back to average, the graph starts working. What sucks is I have to do this for every single graph. It seems like there is a bug, maybe in the TCP template, that is causing the graphs to be created with incompatible consolidation functions.

Ideas?
gilles
Cacti User

Post by gilles »

prospero63 wrote:Basically when the graph gets created by the manage plugin for TCP port monitoring, once the polling cycle has completed and the RRD files get created, etc. I get the following error:

If I go in and edit the graph template and change the CF to last, then back to average, the graph starts working. What sucks is I have to do this for every single graph. It seems like there is a bug, maybe in the TCP template, that is causing the graphs to be created with incompatible consolidation functions.

Ideas?

for people having this problem, i need to know if this is the TCP template which fail or manage

you can use manually the TCP template, to do so :
- select a device
- in associated data queries, add TCP
- save
- edit cacti\scripts\ports.inc
- run a verbose query
- Data Query Debug Information, watch for some lines like "+ Found item [ServiceIndex='23'] index: 2"
- go to "Create Graphs for this Host"
- select ports you want to graph
then go to graph and tell me if it's ok
wait for some poller cycle

for manage, i need a cacti.log with full debug
lightenup

Post by lightenup »

Hi,

First of all, great work! The reboot detection and alerting is a nice touch!

I did have one issue, I notice that if I set `Enable mail alerts`to `Down and reboot events` that I still receive `UP` events. This is important for me as I like to send text alerts out to admins when things are going poorly ;) I don't care to text folks for UP alerts.

Does any one know how to troubleshoot this issue? I'm not sure that this matters but I currently have nearly 500 hosts monitored by cacti with the following setup:

Cacti Version: 0.8.7g
Plugin Architecture Version: 2.9
Settings 0.7
Camm 1.6.75
Spikekill 1.2
Realtime 0.43
Discovery 1.1
Clog 1.6
Autom8 0.35b7
Thold 0.4.2
Manage 0.6.2
Weathermap 0.97a
Update 0.4

Thanks again,
Lightenup
lightenup

Post by lightenup »

lightenup wrote:Hi,

First of all, great work! The reboot detection and alerting is a nice touch!

I did have one issue, I notice that if I set `Enable mail alerts`to `Down and reboot events` that I still receive `UP` events. This is important for me as I like to send text alerts out to admins when things are going poorly ;) I don't care to text folks for UP alerts.
I resolved my issue, it turns out that if I had email alerts set to `Down and reboot event` AND syslog was set to `All` that I would see 'UP' events in my emails. By setting Syslog alerts to `Down and reboot events`, resolved my issue.

The only other thing I would suggest, and I was able to fix this my self, when sending emails to phones as a txt message results in the email title being truncated. This is not a problem with Manage but rather the telco carrier. I ended up moving the device name and IP into the message body. It would be really nice if you could utilize a `Alert Text Message` feature like THOLD has.

Keep up the good work!
TeeEmNZ

Post by TeeEmNZ »

Great plugin but have a weird situation I need a hand to solve.

Manage reports seems to all work except for the device is reported down when it is up... this seems to alternate each poll . So it reports up... then the next run it reports down,.. then the next up... and so on?

If i look at the tcp state graph it is a solid up and correctly graphed as up all the time?

If you could point me in the right direction to troubleshoot further would really appreciate it.
Thanks
lightenup

Post by lightenup »

Is there the ability for manage to re-alert after a given interval? I would like to see an 8 hour re-alert interval such that if the original email was missed a new one would get sent.
donwalrus

Post by donwalrus »

Im sorry if this has been asked here already, but this thread is super long...

running cacti 0.8.7g, added ALL Realm permissions to "guest" user and added rights to access "Manage" tab to the guest user via the settings->manage->User options, yet everytime I try and access the Manage tab as a "guest" user, I get redirected to the login page...any suggestions?

Thanks
noname
Cacti Guru User

Post by noname »

donwalrus wrote: running cacti 0.8.7g, added ALL Realm permissions to "guest" user and added rights to access "Manage" tab to the guest user via the settings->manage->User options, yet everytime I try and access the Manage tab as a "guest" user, I get redirected to the login page...
In 'plugins/manage/manage.php', try this:
<?php

$guest_account = true;

chdir('../../');

include_once("./include/auth.php");

include_once("./include/global.php");

$p = dirname(__FILE__);
include_once($p . '/manage_lib.php');
$permit=manage_accounts_permit("tab");
if ($permit == 0) {
print "Unauthorized access.";
exit;