Mac Track is there a setup manual or examples? Status Unknow

Support questions about the MAC Track plugin

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

gertdone

Mac Track is there a setup manual or examples? Status Unknow

Post by gertdone »

I have installed Mac Track version: 2.9-1 but I'm having great difficulty trying to get it to work. Is there an example for device setup or installation manual?
I'm getting "Unknown" under the Device Status but still need some instructions or a manual to set up devices and get some data.

Should I uninstall and reinstall the older version?
XTech
Cacti User

Re: Mac Track is there a setup manual or examples? Status Un

Post by XTech »

First, did you do these steps?
Console->Device Tracking->Devices - create a device
Console->Device Tracking->Device Types - create device type (devices of unknown types shouldn't work)
Device type definition should have System Description match or Vendor SNMP Object ID match field defined and scanning functions appropriate for device type should be also selected.
gertdone

Post by gertdone »

I'm having trouble understanding where to get, "System Description Match" is this just a description field? I have copied the SNMP settings from the device in Cacti that is discovered and working properly.

Device type definition should have System Description match or Vendor SNMP Object ID match field defined and scanning functions appropriate for device type should be also selected.

Device type is not saving edited data correctly? I suspect It's not writing back to the DB.
Error: Save Failed.
gertdone

Post by gertdone »

When I add a device or device device type in Mac Track I am confirming I can add but not delete the device. I have reviewed the DB tables were added with the Plugin Architecture and running "pa.sql" . I don't seem to be able to Delete or edit data, my config.php file says "MySqli" is this correct?
XTech
Cacti User

Post by XTech »

1. When you create a device in MacTrack, at top of page is "SNMP Information" text, where shown "System:" string and "ObjectID:" string, which refers to System Description Match and SNMP Object Match, respectively.
2. As I remember, inability to edit/delete data may have place on systems with newer PHP versions. On which operating system your Cacti installation is running, which PHP, MySQL versions are installed?
3. The diagnostic process by forum/mail may take a lot of time. If you need results fast - think about giving to me some limited shell access to your Cacti installation. If this is possible, then send details of access to me via forum PMail.
gertdone

Post by gertdone »

I would like to do that but the forum PM Mail is not allowed by my account and I can't seem to get a message to the Admins to ask to turn the feature on?
Here is some data on my system installation. I would greatly appreciate the help if I can get in touch with you! Yes, this is a terribly slow process for a newbie.
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
mysqld Ver 5.7.16-0ubuntu0.16.04.1 for Linux
PHP 7.0.8-0ubuntu0.16.04.3

In the end I'm wondering if this is a (Owner Group / Permissions) issue with the Mac Track plugin? The file that holds the plugin programs has a different owner or permissions than the other folder in the cacti/site folder. I have checked the tables created with the pa.sql import and the tables are there so I would guess the data can be written to and stored. This is my first plugin to install so I would guess once this is solved, future plugins will be easier. :)

[img]Mac%20Perm%20Capture.JPG[/img]
Attachments
Permissions to the Mac Track correct?
Permissions to the Mac Track correct?
Mac Perm Capture.JPG (65.96 KiB) Viewed 11020 times
gertdone

Post by gertdone »

XTech, I see where you sent me a PM but the PM is not turned on on my account? So I can't read it. Can you ask one of the Admin's to turn it on on my behalf?

Thanks in Advance
XTech
Cacti User

Post by XTech »

Problem with pmail, may be associated with a small amount of your forum posts.

Anyway, i post my pmail message here:

You can mail your cacti server login details to ravagerx [at] gmail.com
I'm in UTC+6 timezone, so don't turn off your cacti server at night hours.