Error .rrd too small

Post support questions that relate to the Windows 2003/2000/XP operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

thenetrook

Error .rrd too small

Post by thenetrook »

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to setup cacti for the first time. I can add devices successfully but when add graphs to display i get blank or '.rrd is too small' error. I tried setting up on another windows machine I still get the same error.

Only when i set the graph to real time it displays. How do i fix this?

cacti version: 1.2.22
rrdtool version: 1.8.0 mingw32

Help will be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
.rrd realtime graph.png
.rrd realtime graph.png (181.9 KiB) Viewed 1067 times
tplink_device3.png
tplink_device3.png (124.16 KiB) Viewed 1067 times
TheWitness
Developer

Re: Error .rrd too small

Post by TheWitness »

Sounds like you ran into a disk space issue and the RRDfiles were not created correctly. You may have to delete and allow Cacti to recreate the RRDfiles. After that, the problem should go away unless you have hit an RRDtool bug. If that' the case, you can get a replacement Windows binary from Tobi's RRDtool web site now to replace your current one. I just use Linux these days. It's way better suited to running Cacti.
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?