How to run Cacti from its install directory on IIS?

Post support questions that relate to the Windows 2003/2000/XP operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

ianc911

How to run Cacti from its install directory on IIS?

Post by ianc911 »

Hi folks,

When you run the all-in-one installer for Cacti on Windows & IIS, the default install location for the Cacti web files is \inetpub\wwwroot\Cacti. When creating the website in IIS to access the content, Cacti won't run for me if I specify this folder as the physical path for the site:

physical path.png
physical path.png (37.32 KiB) Viewed 1136 times

I get the error 'no input file specified'. index.php is specified as the default document at the top of the list. I don't seem to be able to cure this. So the next best thing it to specify \inetpub\wwwroot as the physical path and append /cacti to the URL. This works fine, but my boss complains that It's inconvenient to need to add the /cacti on to end of the site and could I add a redirect for it. :-? It's also not really appropriate either as there are other sites contained in subfolders of wwwroot as well, so by specifying this as the physical path, those sites are also included in Cacti.

I've spent all morning mucking with this with no success. I've tried installing MS's URL Rewrite 2.1 and creating redirects to the /cacti subfolder but they just don't work. I end up with this http://graphs.mydomain.comcacti (slash disappears). The URL works to redirect http to SSL, so I know it's working partially, but I can't seem to stop the crucial '/' from being omitted. My thought is Cacti itself must be doing something to cause this. I searched a bit and found some Apache-related posts where people mucked about with $url_path in config.php, so I tried fiddling with that and the $cacti_session_name, but no workie.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to either (preferably) run Cacti directly from \inetpub\wwwroot\Cacti, or failing that, getting a redirect to work from \inetpub\wwwroot? Thanks for any thoughts!
TheWitness
Developer

Re: How to run Cacti from its install directory on IIS?

Post by TheWitness »

That looks like maybe a $config['url_path'], but I'm uncertain. I only use Apache. Hopefully someone else can help you.
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?