Procraftinating

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Jessica Mikels
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 137

Procraftinating

Post by Jessica Mikels »

I can't get myself scrapping... I'm just sitting here playing along with all the games LOL I had way too much fun putting together items for Brandy's photos! It was like creative brainstorming plus window shopping 😂 I'm really enjoying the games where we have to go to the gallery as well. Perfect opportunity to sprinkle love! Ok, let me change up my music from 90's alternative to something more lively that might help. Suggestions are welcomed 😂 😂
JessicaMikelsCreativeDesigns.com
Instagram: @
jessicamikels
YouTube: @Jessica.Mikels

Image ImageImageImage
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2313

Re: Procraftinating

Post by Art_Teacher »

LOL...I feel your pain!  The games are so fun!  But, at least we have a longer deadline for the challenges! ;)

I am currently listening to Spotify country music (my own playlist of favorites, plus a lot of new singer/songwriters, inspired by one of my former students. )  It makes me feel creative, and they are sort of calming!  lol
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
Helen W.
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 164

Post by Helen W. »

Uptown Funk by Bruno Mars always gets me going. 
ImageImageImageImageImage
Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 504

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

Lol I think I'm still tired from yesterday haha I would suggest some up -beat hip hop throwbacks from the VERY EARLY 90s! 😂 Like "Jump around" ...or, the Beastie Boys! 😂 Lol my playlist yesterday started with new stuff an ended up somewhere around 1980s! 😂
It's raining here today, and I haven't started scrappin either, YET! ! 😂 I will though!
Haha it's Derby Day and I blame the rain!
Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Cola

savvy4 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:25 pm
Uptown Funk by Bruno Mars always gets me going. 

You know what? You're not wrong! Sometimes YouTube randomly plays it and I have to get up and dance! Every time!
Nana01
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 94

Post by Nana01 »

I did that yesterday but today I am working on the challenges. I am getting the games in but want to focus completing a few layouts. I am listening to a variety of music on my playlist mostly KLove songs. 
Just call me Nan - it's short and sweet  

JillinIN
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 475

Post by JillinIN »

I agree the games are a fun distraction from scrapbooking!
I just finished my second page in two days.  😄
Jill
 Jill
ImageImage
Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Cola

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:20 pm
LOL...I feel your pain!  The games are so fun!  But, at least we have a longer deadline for the challenges! ;)

I am currently listening to Spotify country music (my own playlist of favorites, plus a lot of new singer/songwriters, inspired by one of my former students. )  It makes me feel creative, and they are sort of calming!  lol

Lol my playlists are so diversified - yesterday I was all hype-music, but there's something relaxing about country music sometimes. Of course, I guess I like a lot of what they call Crossover music- like it crosses the genres of country and rock and even hip hop.
Music is art, and art is life! 😂
SandyJay
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 488

Post by SandyJay »

I like to listen to Big Band, like Chuck Berry and such.  
LoreenC
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 1263

Post by LoreenC »

Maybe an online music thing like amazon or i❤️radio. Choose a type and get a whole change up of music ! 
I Love alternative , sorta punk like the Offspring , they are Lively !! Alice in Chains is out for me today!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Kayla S.
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 214

Post by Kayla S. »

haha "procraftinating" i love it! I can't seem to get the right tunes going. Either it's too much of a dance party in my craftspace (distracted) or too mellow (also distracted). I'm such a disney girlie that I usually have the soundtrack to the parks playing but then (major) distraction with reliving those fun memories. 😄
QueenBee89
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1663

Post by QueenBee89 »

Haha! I know the feeling! I can get so wrapped up in the games and the challenges that I barely get anything created! I just tell myself that this is fun, too! And it's still enjoying my hobby! 
~Brandi  :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama 

Image Image
VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1350

Post by VickiR »

I love music in general.  I'm a classic rock girl at heart...music from the 70's.  I love Tina Turner, Pink and Adele also.  My playlist is a variety of songs.
Mommyof5
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 169

Post by Mommyof5 »

I know exactly what you mean!!!  LOVE all the games and excitement!
 Have a Wonderful Day!  ~Misty
 Image  Image   Image

GinniG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 461

Post by GinniG »

QueenBee89 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:35 pm
Haha! I know the feeling! I can get so wrapped up in the games and the challenges that I barely get anything created! I just tell myself that this is fun, too! And it's still enjoying my hobby! 

EXACTLY!!!!  After getting so stressed out the last few NSDs I decided this year I'd concentrate on the games with prizes I want and then I'll work on challenges later.  I'm also going to work on challenges that have prizes I really want before I work on other challenges.  That has really taken the stress level down!  :)  I'll still do the challenges but not until after I've done the games and such.  :)

stinkerbelle
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 661

Post by stinkerbelle »

you can never go wrong with 80s pop, especially if you need some energy  😁

i've always done the challenges later; too much happening at once makes my brain freeze and i can't do both challenges and games.  i'm pretty old though, so there's that lol
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image Image
GinniG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 461

Post by GinniG »

Music....  I have such a wide variety on my playlist!  I'm not very familiar with current artists.  I think Adele is the newest one in my playlist.  I'm old what can I say!  LOLOL!

I have everything from Elevation Worship to ZZ Top!!!  I probably won't play music today as Steve is FINALLY sleeping!!!  I'll probably put a show on the laptop that I've seen a bunch of times before and just sort of watch it.  Mostly I don't want any noise.  I have come to love the quietness up here!  :)
beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1739

Post by beachlover »

I have less energy than I did yesterday.  Maybe because its overcast and there is a chill in the air, rain is coming!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

QueenBee89
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1663

Post by QueenBee89 »

GinniG wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:46 pm
QueenBee89 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:35 pm

EXACTLY!!!!  After getting so stressed out the last few NSDs I decided this year I'd concentrate on the games with prizes I want and then I'll work on challenges later.  I'm also going to work on challenges that have prizes I really want before I work on other challenges.  That has really taken the stress level down!  :)  I'll still do the challenges but not until after I've done the games and such.  :)

Yes! And one thing I've learned is to really use the challenges to inspire what I WANT to work on; not try to force myself into the box of the challenge just for the sake of the prize. There's so much inspiration out there, we simply cannot do it all! gotta make the challenges work for me, not the other way around!

~Brandi  :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama 

Image Image
suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 938

Post by suewho372 »

Oh music!!!! How I love it! And I haves through probably every genre …. So I am no help!!!
Susan

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”