Color Picker Options?

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

pianograndpulp

Color Picker Options?

Post by pianograndpulp »

I've been a long time .8x user and have recently deployed a new 1.1.25 instance from scratch to see how things have been upgraded. A lot of nice features for sure! But one change that I'm really struggling with is the new color selection names. The drops downs used to be accessible by HEX code and now have friendly names like "Cacti color (HEX)" or "Lavender Pinocchio (HEX)". I do a lot of graphs where I use a selection of fades from two different colors and it's next to impossible now to add them into either a color template or choosing them one by one.

I played around with exporting and importing colors but even when I named them something custom and in order, the drop downs are still listed in a seemingly random order and typing in the drop down doesn't search on HEX anyway.
"10a-1","f8a4001"
"10a-2","eaa0132"
"10a-3","dd9c263"
"10a-4","cf97394"
"10a-5","c1934c5"
"10a-6","b48f5f6"
"10a-7","a68b727"
"10a-8","9886858"
"10a-9","8b82989"
"10a-10","7d7eab0"
I'm curious what others have done to make this work a little easier? Or have I overlooked a newer feature?

Thanks!!

_dave
pianograndpulp

Re: Color Picker Options?

Post by pianograndpulp »

I've found that using "Autocomplete Enabled" and switching to a different theme besides "Classic" works better for this.
gradient.png
gradient.png (132.53 KiB) Viewed 328 times
Definitely made creating color templates from hex numbers doable. Easy enough to switch themes. :)

_dave