Pollar stops

Post support questions that relate to the Windows 2003/2000/XP operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

mrossFTEK

Pollar stops

Post by mrossFTEK »

ok i just reinstalled the latest build for the 3rd time on my server.
ive used cacti for quite some time, but im kinda stumped.
after installation, i was only graphing one device.. and it was fine.
i noticed the time was off, so i confirmed when installing, i chose CST as my time zone.
i checked the php.ini and it was set to americas\los angeles. i changed it to americas\chicago.
i also then changed it to use SPINE instead of CMD.PHP for the poller.
graphing stopped and im getting errors about it taking too long to poll devices.
"2023-07-26 08:10:00 - POLLER: Poller[Main Poller] PID[6956] Maximum runtime of 298 seconds exceeded. Exiting."

i imported a few templates and enabled monitor and THOLD plug ins.. its early and im probably missing something obvious.. but i need ya'lls input please
mrossFTEK

Re: Pollar stops

Post by mrossFTEK »

quick update.. i put it back to cmd.php for the poller and it started graphing again.
id like to switch to spine.. but i dont know why spine breaks it right now.
Osiris
Cacti Guru User

Post by Osiris »

There are efforts to freshen the windows installs, but most of the cacti team prefer Linux. So, windows becomes more difficult to support year over year where as Cacti gets better and better.
Before history, there was a paradise, now dust.
mrossFTEK

Post by mrossFTEK »

I get that..but there is a significant amount of windows minded people out there who already have servers they can utilize to monitor with.
ive used it on windows for YEARS.. and always preferred to use spine over cmp.php..i just dont know why in the latest revision spine is failing to produce graphs.
Osiris
Cacti Guru User

Post by Osiris »

You should test it at the command at the debug level. See the documentation guide for the syntax and steps.
Before history, there was a paradise, now dust.