Help adding DHCPD-leases monitoring in Cacti

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

RedFarmer

Help adding DHCPD-leases monitoring in Cacti

Post by RedFarmer »

Hi all!

I'm far from a Linux or Cacti expert but have succeeded installing the latest Cacti using slow-pace, step by step tactics :)

We've been using an old 0.8.7i installation but have now installed 1.2.26 as a completely new setup, so no migration from the old system has been done.

New setup:
Win10 Pro -> Virtual Box -> Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS -> Cacti 1.2.26

I've added all our switches for traffic graphing without any issues, but i'm struggling to get DHCPD lease-graphing up and running.

I've exported our old Graph Template called DHCP Statistics (SNMP) from 0.8.7i and imported it to the new installation. I've also copied:

/var/www/cacti/resource/snmp_queries/dhcpd-snmp.xml

...to the same directory on the new installation. Everything else should already be working on the DHCP-server because of the old working Cacti (there's a dhcp-snmp.conf with all the pools that also includes a pointer to the leases-file (/var/lib/dhcp3/dhcpd.leases and so on).

But, even after importing the old template it doesn't appear in the list when i try to associate the template with the device. (the DHCP-server). However, i do see the imported DHCPD Statistics (SNMP) under Templates/Data Source and Templates/Graph.

I'm not sure what i should do next :(
macan
Cacti Pro User

Re: Help adding DHCPD-leases monitoring in Cacti

Post by macan »

please export dhcp templates for graph,data template or data query and your dhcpd-snmp.xml and upload it here
Let the Cacti grow!
RedFarmer

Post by RedFarmer »

Thanks for swift responce!

Did i attach the correct files? :)
Attachments
dhcpd-snmp.xml
(1.77 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
RedFarmer

Post by RedFarmer »

Let me do that again...
Attachments
cacti-conf.zip
(3.85 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

You should have exported the Data Query. Export that instead and upload.
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
RedFarmer

Post by RedFarmer »

The problem is solved, and you helped me probably without knowing it :D

When both of you asked for the Data Query template i noticed i had only exported the graph template (and you did to). Didn't notice the drop down at the top of the old Cacti where more templates could be exported.

After importing the rest, and more specifically the host template i could associate it with the DHCP and now all my lease graphs are working.

Thanks!
Attachments
cactiexport.png
cactiexport.png (11.46 KiB) Viewed 308 times
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Yea, the Host/Device Template is the only way to go when you are dealing with Data Queries.
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?