Global SNMPv3 enablement??

If you figure out how to do something interesting/cool in Cacti and want to share it with the community, please post your experience here.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

EdC

Global SNMPv3 enablement??

Post by EdC »

Sorry to be stupid, I just cannot find a way top do this. Is there a way to enable SNMPv3 globally, like SNMPv2 on the console --> Configuration --> Device Defaults

I am looking for a way to have both defaults pre-populated and when you choose V2 or V3 you get the proper settings.
Believe it or not templates are not in use otherwise I could to it there under Data Source Templates, I think.

follows;
RedHat 8
Cacti 1.2.23
php8
mariadb 10.3
apache 2.4

Any help would be appreciated!
TheWitness
Developer

Re: Global SNMPv3 enablement??

Post by TheWitness »

Cacti automation does that already, but if you want multiple devices for Device Defaults, first set the default to V2 and change your community and other settings and press 'Save', then switch to V3 and do the same. Finally, for which you prefer to be the "default", change the SNMP version again. When you switch versions on a new device, it should populate from the default for both versions.
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Also, if you want to switch a bunch of devices from v2c to v3, you can do it in one fell swoop from the UI. First select all the devices, and then select Change Device Settings from the drop-down and press go.
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
EdC

Post by EdC »

Got it! Awesome, I will give it a go - thank you!!
EdC

Post by EdC »

I am happy to say all worked just as you said it would!! - Thanks very much for the quick and accurate response.
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Your welcome.