Just checked

A place to talk about books! [Public]

Moderator: scrapperqueen

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 733

Just checked

Post by sherelm »

To be sure I was on the right board, lol!! You can tell it's Christmas - we are "book talking". LOL

Don't get me wrong - love talking about books -just the first few messages I opened were books/reading/etc.!!

I don't have time to read right now, I'm doing needlecrafts, but I must say I'm enjoying your discussions!
Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Re: Just checked

Post by Ayla »

I noticed that too! I'm not reading much, but more because I need a new prescription and am having problems reading the print! lol
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee

Post by sherelm »

Ayla wrote:I noticed that too! I'm not reading much, but more because I need a new prescription and am having problems reading the print! lol

Nancy, I need a new prescription, too, but I'm thinking some of my issues is eye strain.
Ayla
Cherry Addict

Post by Ayla »

cherrycupcake wrote:
Ayla wrote:I noticed that too! I'm not reading much, but more because I need a new prescription and am having problems reading the print! lol

Nancy, I need a new prescription, too, but I'm thinking some of my issues is eye strain.
LOL....no, mine is prescription. I am 48 and just moving into bifocals! lol
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee

Post by sherelm »

Mine is "crochet strain". LOL I've been in the bifocal world for two decades now.
Ayla
Cherry Addict

Post by Ayla »

cherrycupcake wrote:Mine is "crochet strain". LOL I've been in the bifocal world for two decades now.
I am extremely nearsighted...have worn glasses since I was in 3rd grade. Even I could not be corrected for some reason, I would be legally blind. When I turned 40, they kept telling me to expect the "age related" changes anytime. Never needed anything until this year, when I turned 48. The eye doctor told me that when you are as nearsighted as I am, those changes tend to happen later rather than earlier. But boy, are they changing fast now! lol
 Image Image

PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 514

Post by PezKat »

Ayla wrote:
cherrycupcake wrote:Mine is "crochet strain". LOL I've been in the bifocal world for two decades now.
I am extremely nearsighted...have worn glasses since I was in 3rd grade. Even I could not be corrected for some reason, I would be legally blind. When I turned 40, they kept telling me to expect the "age related" changes anytime. Never needed anything until this year, when I turned 48. The eye doctor told me that when you are as nearsighted as I am, those changes tend to happen later rather than earlier. But boy, are they changing fast now! lol
Wow! I'm extremely nearsighted too, and got TRIfocals ("progressive lenses" as the politically correct say, lol) at 42!
Image Image
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee

Post by sherelm »

I was going to try contacts - at the ripe old age of 60. Then I thought "That's too old to start that - I'll be missing my eye in the nursing home, and picking the contacts off my cheeks - and not necessarily the ones on my face!"
Ayla
Cherry Addict

Post by Ayla »

cherrycupcake wrote:I was going to try contacts - at the ripe old age of 60. Then I thought "That's too old to start that - I'll be missing my eye in the nursing home, and picking the contacts off my cheeks - and not necessarily the ones on my face!"
See, I've had it spoiled. I've worn contacts since I was 16 - 32 years now! When I first got them, my dad would get me up for school half an hour earlier than normal because it took me a long time to get them in. Now? I don't even think about, I jsut pop them in. I can't even use a mirror...I just put them in!
 Image Image

Return to “Book Nook”