eBooks?

A place to talk about books! [Public]

Moderator: scrapperqueen

writerlady
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 448

Re: eBooks?

Post by writerlady »

I have my 2nd Kindle - gave my first to dh. This one is a touch one. Love the way the print looks - it makes it even easier for my eyes than reading a physical book. I must have gotten over 1,000 free books so far (lots of current books, too).
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

ScrapSis
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 1

Post by ScrapSis »

I have a Kindle and love it. I have never had anything removed from it by Amazon. If you loan an e-book to someone, it is only good for 2 weeks so that may be when something disappears but if you know that, then don't borrow a book when you don't have time to read it. Ebooks are a little to a lot cheaper than the real thing and Amazon has quite a sellection of free book, and under $4 books. I have had mine for a year and a half, and got my DH one last year for Christmas in self defense. My "I don't read much" DH has become a serious reader! We have the Kindle Keyboard but they have a great variety that spans from just reading books to including games and movies so have fun choosing.
Tina
sdwhru
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 358

Post by sdwhru »

I have a Kindle Fire and my mom has the Kindle Touch. I love my Fire and I just upgraded to the HD 8.9" version. You can adjust font size, background, etc. Amazon offers a free app of the day every day. Sometimes they are what I would consider books - like last Christmas it was Charlie Brown's Christmas Story. I have gotten a lot of use out of mine. The only drawback I had about the 1st kindle fire was the time it took for web pages to load, but the HD version seems to do it a lot quicker. Just like Nook, Kindle has tons of free books. Supposed to be able to borrow books at the library but I haven't tried that yet. Yes, for the most part e-books are cheaper. Kindle you can loan books to another person (if the author allows it) for the 2 week period. The Kindles shows .pdfs great, too. I've started putting my knitting patterns on there. Had to download an app but it was only like $3 - totally worth it!!
anazelia
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 803

Post by anazelia »

If someone asked me what device I couldn't live without, it would be - hands down my kindle. Matter of fact, my kindle died the other day and I am waiting on its replacement and I miss it.

I am an avid reader and my husband got my kindle fire last christmas for me. I use it every day for hours a day. It is from amazon and I use it to check out books from the library.

Love my kindle. Love it.
mel79
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 49

Post by mel79 »

I have a Kindle as well as the Kindle and Kobo app on my phone. I will be honest and say I can't get into ebooks, I much perfer the real thing. I just find my mind wanders when I am reading an ebook but as print book absorbs me so much faster. Personal choices i guess.
koala1966 wrote:Are you talking about something like the Kindle? I've heard that the drawback to the Kindle is that they can remove content from your device whenever they want. I would be so mad if I were in the middle of a book and it disappeared. Not sure how often that actually happens though.
Ive never had content removed from my kindle but I have had a few emails to say a new edition is available and to re-download it as some might be missing.
mel79
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 49

Post by mel79 »

Dianedi wrote:I go through a lot of books, but I make good use of the library. I like the feel of hardback books and it would probably take me awhile to get used to the idea of a digital reader. I wonder if the screen is difficult on the eyes. I would definitely have to look at one in person before I made a purchase.

If I wasn't home with the kids and I was commuting into work, I would definitely get one. For right now, I'm going to put my money toward a Gypsy! LOL! :-D
I haven't found the screen to be hard on the eyes, most aren't back lit so are like paper. You do need to have a light on in the dark ect as there is no light on the screen.

Return to “Book Nook”