Swap Hosts??

Moderator: ACOT Employee

scrapsteph
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 425

Swap Hosts??

Post by scrapsteph »

I would be interested in joining in on some swaps if we have a host for some.  

Looks like this thread of the board has been quiet for some time.  Is there enough interest and a willing host to get it started again?

Stephanie
Clarksville TN
Stephanie

average_kim
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 846

Re: Swap Hosts??

Post by average_kim »

I would be interested in a few, but can't host anything myself.  I'm terribly unorganized and know I'd make a mess of things.

I also saw in another thread that the swap topic doesn't show up in the main thread, so you might post this question under scrapbooking talk or general discussion.
Kim

Image Image  
ratgirl
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 87

Re: Swap Hosts??

Post by ratgirl »

I tried hosting a few months ago, but I only got one solid response. I'm totally willing to try again. I think part of the problem is that things posted in the swaps section don't show up on the thread announcement thing (the thing in the margin that shows the active topics) so no one notices them. What kind of swaps would you be interested in? Maybe we should make a post in the general scrap talk and see what people might want to participate in? I'm willing to host one or two. :) I've done it before and as long as people are patient with me (i.e. I can't always post every day b/c usually a couple of days a week I am too sick from the pain to use the computer) I'm happy to host. We did one on another board a few years ago that was a lot of fun where everyone swapped a lunch baggie full of 3x3 paper scraps (we could set a number...like 20 3x3 sheets per person)--it was neat to work with other people's leftovers and fun to get all kinds of stuff from lines we wouldn't otherwise get to use. Another that we did was trade punch outs or die cuts (we set the type of cardstock so everyone could have the same color pallette and know the stock would be nice quality. I believe we used Bazzil basics.) ATC's are always fun and so are cards or "card candy" (handmade card embellishments like flowers or layered punches, etc.) or stamped images on die cut or punched white cardstock (circles, squares, scalloped circles, whatever) that the recipient can color and use to make cards or layout embellishments or whatever.

Just some ideas...let me know what you think!

Return to “Swap Talk”