Mimi Alford and President Kennedy

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Queen Mum
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 185

Mimi Alford and President Kennedy

Post by Queen Mum »

[highlight=#eef5f8]I didn't see the whole interview on 30 Rock last night. I did see another interview with her on Today.

So, let me get this straight: - as a 19 year old intern, she meets President Kennedy in the pool one day. He invites her on a private tour of the White House (the same day). They end up in Jackie's bedroom where he takes her by the shoulders and pushes her down on Jackie's bed and has sex with her (she was a virgin) No, she didn't push him away or tell him no. But it seems to me that she was in awe of him and maybe a bit frightened of him (his office/power/position)

It pretty much sounds like a rape to me.

I don't understand how she could say (last night) that Pres. Kennedy really cared for her in one sentence - and then tell the world that when Pres. Kennedy tells her to 'take care of' (perform oral sex on) one of his staff, who is sitting at the side of the pool while he, the president, watches.

I don't believe that any man who cares about a woman in any way, shape or form would ask her to perform a sexual act with anyone else.

The woman has two grown daughters. Do they need to hear about their mother's sex life in detail?[/highlight]
[highlight=#eef5f8]________[/highlight]
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)
handerful
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 430

Re: Mimi Alford and President Kennedy

Post by handerful »

I haven't seen any of the interview. (although I do have Rock Center on the dvr...)

But based on what you posted, it does sound like rape to me.

But why come forward about it now? Almost 50 years later? Do any of us need to hear about it? no.

Money. It's said that she will make a good chunk of it, whether her story is true or not.
Image Image
RACHEL
TraciL
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 238

Post by TraciL »

sadly.........anything for a buck.........I'm sorry if it really did happen to her but at this stage in the game what's the point of bringing it out. I know it might aid in healing herself but I find it very fishy.
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3697

Post by blbabe1234 »

I didn't watch it either, but just by reading this post, I have to agree with everyone. It does sound like rape to me. She could have at least TRIED to push him away. And I don't believe in him saying "I care for you" and really really meaning it. I think he just said it because of the moment.

It is a sad world we live in when stories like this, true or not true, will make anyone money.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
Cherry Jubilee

Post by »

I just wonder why come forward now. I am very skeptical that this even happened.
handerful
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 430

Post by handerful »

She is telling a sensational story - She'll sell a few books.

“I’m remembering how enthusiastic I was and how much fun I was to be with,” Alford said. “I wasn’t after anything. I wasn’t after a job. I was just a young girl.”

Alford says that her sexual relationship with the 45-year-old Kennedy began in the summer of 1962, four days into her internship at the White House. She describes the affair as one where she and the president never kissed. Even in their most intimate moments, she called him Mr. President, never Jack, Alford says.

“It wasn’t a romantic affair. I don’t really remember the president ever kissing me and it, that makes me sad. I don’t remember really kissing him either and I think really that I didn’t, I certainly didn’t learn how to have a real relationship through that relationship,” Alford said.

http://rockcenter.msnbc.msn.com/
Image Image
RACHEL
1grandma
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 187

Post by 1grandma »

Well, people are talking about it. It is a very sad commentary on us that we are talking about it. 50 years later and she is making money from it. Who gets hurt? Her, yes. Carolyn, probably. Grandkids? I agree that we do not need to hear about it. It serves no purpose except for salitious ones.
Bibi
sdwhru
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 358

Post by sdwhru »

All these years later, frankly who cares?? It's already known that JFK couldn't keep his pants zipped, but to bring it up again now it just foolish.
scrapscot
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 865

Post by scrapscot »

Whether it's true or not (personally I don't think it is)..she is hurting the rest of the family and it's not really going to help her heal after all these years. She's doing it for money.
Image Charlene
LyndaKay
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 40

Post by LyndaKay »

Another opportunistic author exposing yet another sleaze bag man in power. It's getting to be a familiar theme.

Lynda
1grandma
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 187

Post by 1grandma »

Yes, unfortunately we all have clay feet about something. Our Achilles heel, if you will. His happened to be sex. I feel that it is a terrible thing to tear down a person, ruin him in others esteme. We are all weak about something. Each of us. President Kennedy was a good president and helped our country through a very difficult time. But, he was just a man, what do you expect? LOL
Bibi

Return to “General Debate”