Holiday Pet Peeves????????

Moderator: ACOT Employee

CarrieG
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1783

Holiday Pet Peeves????????

Post by CarrieG »

I am one of those ppl who will say Merry Christmas to every soul I pass in my daily doings this time of year.........really peeves me that half the ppl will ignore you or mumble something unintelligible back at me..........why cant they just :-D and enjoy my perkiness??????????? arrrrrrrrg
so what are your holiday pet peeves????????? (mind you I haven't even touched the BASE of the iceberg yet..hehe)
suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 940

Re: Holiday Pet Peeves????????

Post by suewho372 »

You have me cracking up!! Lol
Susan

1grandma
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 187

Post by 1grandma »

I will have to think about this one. Oh, OK, got one. My neighbors who don't do anything to celebrate this joyous season. I put up light year round just to perk me up. Just a string of colored lights across my house because when I drive into the yard at night and they are on, I feel "Welcome" and get a lift of mood at once. But that is just me. I have wonderful neighbors. I am so blessed like that. But I wish they would do something for Christmas.
Bibi
meljustcole
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 43

Post by meljustcole »

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) While I'm not as in the "Spirit" as I'd like to be...(just seems like a lot of work and added stress for little pay off), especially when you do everything by yourself and no one seems to appreciate any of it!!!! LOL!!! BUT....I'm trying to keep His spirit alive in my heart and let His light shine through me by saying Merry Christmas to people as well.....some people are just scrooges!! LOL!!!!!
CarrieG
Cherry Jubilee

Post by CarrieG »

we don't decorate outside our house but mainly due to having HIGHHHHHHHHHH eaves and no outdoor elec sockets..LOL our neighborhood goes nuts and we are the boring ppl...sigh but you can see my tree thru our front window :)
1grandma wrote:I will have to think about this one. Oh, OK, got one. My neighbors who don't do anything to celebrate this joyous season. I put up light year round just to perk me up. Just a string of colored lights across my house because when I drive into the yard at night and they are on, I feel "Welcome" and get a lift of mood at once. But that is just me. I have wonderful neighbors. I am so blessed like that. But I wish they would do something for Christmas.
CarrieG
Cherry Jubilee

Post by CarrieG »

HO HO HO! I struggle this time of year so I try and remember that everyone prob has some sort of struggle....even if you don't know about it....and I know that a cheery person that gives a fig would make me smile..........but apparently that isn't so for everyone....grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
meljustcole wrote:MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) While I'm not as in the "Spirit" as I'd like to be...(just seems like a lot of work and added stress for little pay off), especially when you do everything by yourself and no one seems to appreciate any of it!!!! LOL!!! BUT....I'm trying to keep His spirit alive in my heart and let His light shine through me by saying Merry Christmas to people as well.....some people are just scrooges!! LOL!!!!!
meljustcole
Cherry Picker

Post by meljustcole »

CarrieG wrote:HO HO HO! I struggle this time of year so I try and remember that everyone prob has some sort of struggle....even if you don't know about it....and I know that a cheery person that gives a fig would make me smile..........but apparently that isn't so for everyone....grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
meljustcole wrote:MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) While I'm not as in the "Spirit" as I'd like to be...(just seems like a lot of work and added stress for little pay off), especially when you do everything by yourself and no one seems to appreciate any of it!!!! LOL!!! BUT....I'm trying to keep His spirit alive in my heart and let His light shine through me by saying Merry Christmas to people as well.....some people are just scrooges!! LOL!!!!!
Totally agree! I'm often disappointed and secretly "hurt" when I reach out with a smile, or a kind word, or even holding a door and get not so much as a glance in my direction. We're all here going through "stuff" and it feels so much better to reciprocate with a returned smile or even a nod of recognition that Yes...YOU were noticed, you're not invisible, your kindness was not "wasted"!! But that's not why we do RAK's, is it? And like you said, we don't know what their struggle is!!! :) And then there's the ones that tug at your heart and that you cannot stop thinking about!!!!!!! Last week we had a small snowstorm. Nothing major or out of the ordinary, unless you're trying to push a stroller through it!!! Well, my dad and I were sitting at a red light and I saw this young mother, she couldn't have been older than 20, trying her best to push her toddler in her stroller through the snow...mind you, this isn't easy in snow!! As hard as she tried she just couldn't control the stroller and it toppled over, along with her child and her blankets, her bag of groceries and a couple of rolls of wrapping paper. As I watched this unfold, I saw her frustration quickly turn into distress. Her face was red and she was obviously crying. After putting the stroller back into an upright position her hands went to her face and she fell to her knees, sobbing! I couldn't leave her there. As the light turned green, I told my dad to go and just come back and get me. I ran over to her and put my hand on her shoulder and said, "You're having a bad day, huh?" She looked up at me with a startled expression, and wailed, "HOW COULD YOOOUUU TELLLl!?!?!" I said, don't worry...everything will be ok and as she composed herself she told me she had no car and she was just trying to get home. I told her to take her child out of the stroller and I would carry the stroller and all her other things to the parking lot where there was no snow. In our short walk, she told me that she had walked to get the bare necessities at our local grocery store and was going through the snow to avoid the busy intersection traffic. The entire way she was thanking me and kept asking me why I helped her!!!!!!!!!! I told her, why WOULDN'T I...if I were her I would hope someone would do the same thing. I remember well the struggles of motherhood!!! :) This all happened in the span of probably no longer than 8 minutes. My father had returned and I had to go....I only wish I could have learned more about her. I told her I wish I could have offered her a ride but we only have a 2 seater van, and thankfully she said she wasn't far from home. Then...she hugged me and told me I had made her day!!! <<<Pretty amazing, she actually made mine!!!!!!!
kennabeans
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 39

Post by kennabeans »

LOL...the rudeness of people multiplies during the Holiday season and that irritates me. If you walked by and said Merry Christmas to me, I would reply but it might catch me off guard and take me a minute. Why? Because I people are so rude and I don't expect a perky "Merry Christmas".
ImageImageImage
cajenkins81
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 256

Post by cajenkins81 »

meljustcole wrote:
CarrieG wrote:HO HO HO! I struggle this time of year so I try and remember that everyone prob has some sort of struggle....even if you don't know about it....and I know that a cheery person that gives a fig would make me smile..........but apparently that isn't so for everyone....grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Totally agree! I'm often disappointed and secretly "hurt" when I reach out with a smile, or a kind word, or even holding a door and get not so much as a glance in my direction. We're all here going through "stuff" and it feels so much better to reciprocate with a returned smile or even a nod of recognition that Yes...YOU were noticed, you're not invisible, your kindness was not "wasted"!! But that's not why we do RAK's, is it? And like you said, we don't know what their struggle is!!! :) And then there's the ones that tug at your heart and that you cannot stop thinking about!!!!!!! Last week we had a small snowstorm. Nothing major or out of the ordinary, unless you're trying to push a stroller through it!!! Well, my dad and I were sitting at a red light and I saw this young mother, she couldn't have been older than 20, trying her best to push her toddler in her stroller through the snow...mind you, this isn't easy in snow!! As hard as she tried she just couldn't control the stroller and it toppled over, along with her child and her blankets, her bag of groceries and a couple of rolls of wrapping paper. As I watched this unfold, I saw her frustration quickly turn into distress. Her face was red and she was obviously crying. After putting the stroller back into an upright position her hands went to her face and she fell to her knees, sobbing! I couldn't leave her there. As the light turned green, I told my dad to go and just come back and get me. I ran over to her and put my hand on her shoulder and said, "You're having a bad day, huh?" She looked up at me with a startled expression, and wailed, "HOW COULD YOOOUUU TELLLl!?!?!" I said, don't worry...everything will be ok and as she composed herself she told me she had no car and she was just trying to get home. I told her to take her child out of the stroller and I would carry the stroller and all her other things to the parking lot where there was no snow. In our short walk, she told me that she had walked to get the bare necessities at our local grocery store and was going through the snow to avoid the busy intersection traffic. The entire way she was thanking me and kept asking me why I helped her!!!!!!!!!! I told her, why WOULDN'T I...if I were her I would hope someone would do the same thing. I remember well the struggles of motherhood!!! :) This all happened in the span of probably no longer than 8 minutes. My father had returned and I had to go....I only wish I could have learned more about her. I told her I wish I could have offered her a ride but we only have a 2 seater van, and thankfully she said she wasn't far from home. Then...she hugged me and told me I had made her day!!! <<<Pretty amazing, she actually made mine!!!!!!!

This is such an amazing story and such a blessing!! I am soooo happy you shared it with us here! Such a great example of what this season is about, but also what Jesus' love is about. Sadly, most people have to question "why" you would choose to help her, as she did. Because too many people walk right on by. Rock on, you're great! great great story that has blessed my heart. :D
Carolyn, mommy to Olivia (precocious preschooler) and Owen (rambunctious toddler).

2013 Page Totals: April - 3. May - 17. June - 25. July - 20. Aug - 20, 2 tags. Sept - 5. Oct - 13. Nov - 8. Dec - 14 LO, 2 projects, 1 card. 
Year: 125, 1 card, 2 projects, 2 tags 
2014 Page Totals: Jan - 15, 2 cards. Feb - 9, 1 project. Mar - 21 (I was busy!) (45 this year already)

My New Blog! Scrapper, Interrupted
letumom
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 846

Post by letumom »

meljustcole wrote:

You rock!
Laurie

letumom
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 846

Post by letumom »

I too have a similar story! I went to a Business meeting on Saturday. I didn't know how many folks would be at the meeting, but I went prepared with gifts to distribute (from my Mary Kay inventory). At the end of the meeting, I let everyone choose a gift and thankfully I had enough to go around. It was so much fun to give!

One of the ladies in the group agreed to go to lunch with me at a local mall. It was not pre-arranged, but we both had specific stores we planned to stop in for Christmas/Birthday gifts.

I also decided to stop in one of my favorite clothing stores to check the sales rack. I found a couple of tops and went to checkout. As the clerk finished ringing up my order, the customer standing next me offered up a $10 coupon that she did not use on her order. I was so surprised. She just said she had been blessed and wanted me to pay it forward.

It made a great ending to a wonderful day.
Laurie

meljustcole
Cherry Picker

Post by meljustcole »

letumom wrote:I too have a similar story! I went to a Business meeting on Saturday. I didn't know how many folks would be at the meeting, but I went prepared with gifts to distribute (from my Mary Kay inventory). At the end of the meeting, I let everyone choose a gift and thankfully I had enough to go around. It was so much fun to give!

One of the ladies in the group agreed to go to lunch with me at a local mall. It was not pre-arranged, but we both had specific stores we planned to stop in for Christmas/Birthday gifts.

I also decided to stop in one of my favorite clothing stores to check the sales rack. I found a couple of tops and went to checkout. As the clerk finished ringing up my order, the customer standing next me offered up a $10 coupon that she did not use on her order. I was so surprised. She just said she had been blessed and wanted me to pay it forward.

It made a great ending to a wonderful day.
I love hearing RAK stories!!!! I only wish they aired them on the news at night!!!!!!!!!! The world would be a better place...or at least seem that way!! LOL!!!
Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

People who come to the hospital by ambulance for complaints that have been on going for months, and expect us to fix it in 15 minutes! Oh WAIT!! You said HOLIDAY pet peeves.....Ok....how about....patients who come to the hospital by ambulance for complaints that have been ongoing for months, and expect us to fix it in 15 minutes....on Thanksgiving! lol

Can you tell I'm at work? lol
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

debamas
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 228

Post by debamas »

People being so impatient and unkind when in the stores or parking lots or roads. Where's the spirit of Christmas? You know it's going to be crowded and busy when you go out. Deal with it or stay home. Speak kindly and quit fighting for parking spaces or items. That's mine.
Debbie

debamas
Wild Cherry

Post by debamas »

meljustcole wrote:

God Bless you! That's what I'm talking about.
Debbie

meljustcole
Cherry Picker

Post by meljustcole »

debamas wrote:People being so impatient and unkind when in the stores or parking lots or roads. Where's the spirit of Christmas? You know it's going to be crowded and busy when you go out. Deal with it or stay home. Speak kindly and quit fighting for parking spaces or items. That's mine.
Amen!!!!!!!!! I cannot stand when I hear about people being killed or mauled on black Friday over a THING!!!!!!!!!!!! Just disgusting!
CarrieG
Cherry Jubilee

Post by CarrieG »

my FAVO RAK to do is..................once a week or so I go out to breakfast with my mom at a local dive diner (golly the food is GREAT there) and we often see older/elderly men eating alone...I always pick one and buy his breakfast for him....quite possibly he might just like to eat alone....but more likely he is *alone* for whatever lonely reason and it makes me sad. These gentlemen are always so shocked that someone would be nice to them...but they always walk away with a giddyup in their step and a big smile on their face :)
debamas
Wild Cherry

Post by debamas »

CarrieG wrote:my FAVO RAK to do is..................once a week or so I go out to breakfast with my mom at a local dive diner (golly the food is GREAT there) and we often see older/elderly men eating alone...I always pick one and buy his breakfast for him....quite possibly he might just like to eat alone....but more likely he is *alone* for whatever lonely reason and it makes me sad. These gentlemen are always so shocked that someone would be nice to them...but they always walk away with a giddyup in their step and a big smile on their face :)

Sweet! and how that warms your own heart just to watch them secretly. TFS
Debbie

butterfly843
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 874

Post by butterfly843 »

My pet peeve is my neighbors across the street who decorated like the Griswolds so my kitchen feels like it's always lit from their lights and they have music playing. We decorate outside, but I think overdecorating is tacky. I try to ignore rude people because I know the holidays can be tough. Dealing with infertility and loss are especially tough this time of year so if I encounter someone not that friendly I just keep in mind they're probably struggling with something.
CarrieG
Cherry Jubilee

Post by CarrieG »

oh and they always call me 'young lady'..hehe gotta love that :inlove:
debamas wrote:
CarrieG wrote:my FAVO RAK to do is..................once a week or so I go out to breakfast with my mom at a local dive diner (golly the food is GREAT there) and we often see older/elderly men eating alone...I always pick one and buy his breakfast for him....quite possibly he might just like to eat alone....but more likely he is *alone* for whatever lonely reason and it makes me sad. These gentlemen are always so shocked that someone would be nice to them...but they always walk away with a giddyup in their step and a big smile on their face :)

Sweet! and how that warms your own heart just to watch them secretly. TFS

Return to “General Debate”