Fact or Crap Wednesday 1010

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 319

Fact or Crap Wednesday 1010

Post by Flasher »

I saved money for over 2 years to be able to purchase tickets to "Hamilton" only to end up tearing them in half and not going.

Fact or Crap.

:greensmile:
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2446

Re: Fact or Crap Wednesday 1010

Post by emmapaige »

I sincerely hope it's Crap!!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2034

Post by MTCanuk »

I sure hope it’s crap too!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1740

Post by beachlover »

fact
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

sdwhru
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 358

Post by sdwhru »

fact
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1361

Post by scrappinmom99 »

Oh no. I hope that's crap! 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3699

Post by blbabe1234 »

Crap
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 5420

Post by Deanna13 »

I hope that's crap, Laura!!

My DGD Sydney went and loved it! :greeninlove:
Image Image ImageImage
1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 800

Post by 1scrappymom »

Crap!!  I would die if you did that!
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71
Scrap Bug
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 240

Post by Scrap Bug »

I'm going to say fact, although I don't know what Hamilton is.  
Melissa
LoreenC
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 1271

Post by LoreenC »

I am thinking it’s a fact !?
ImageImageImageImageImage
mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2212

Post by mgehrke »

I am hoping for crap.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

MoochieMama
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 59

Post by MoochieMama »

I'm going to guess Crap.
Michelle

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 319

Post by Flasher »

Well, Cherry Friends, this statement is indeed . . .

Fact!

I had saved money for so long, had finally managed to get tickets, and then the 2016 Presidential Election happened.  Now, it was because of the election that the key player in "Hamilton" decided to use the stage (during one of his New York performances) as a platform to vent about his feelings toward the candidate(s).  When I saw this in the news coverage, I flipped my lid.  I'm paying hundreds of dollars to see a story told on Broadway.  I did not pay hundreds of dollars to hear your political views and opinions.  That crosses a line.  So, I tore up my tickets and wrote a letter to the production company explaining why those seats would be empty, and how it was unfair to force me to listen to an actor's personal opinion.  The company responded with cookie cutter "we're sorry that you felt disrespected", "Actors are sometimes passionate . . ." "blah, blah, blah". 

Anyway, if I'm paying to see the story of Hamilton, then that's what I want to see and hear.  Keep your opinions to yourself if it's my money at play.  You want to put on the show for free and spew, or stand on the street corner and spew, or even go on broadcast television and spew, go right ahead and feel free.  That's perfectly fine.  Don't charge me an arm and a leg to hear what you have to say about the current state of politics.

Rant over.

:greenlol:
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

JAire
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 949

Post by JAire »

Good for you! This is outrageously unfortunate, but I agree with you. A paying audience should never be subjected to an actor's personal opinions - that is not part of his job description. Actors are paid to follow the script.
Joyce Ann

Shutterbug
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 592

Post by Shutterbug »

ScrappyBug wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:39 pm
I'm going to say fact, although I don't know what Hamilton is.  

A Broadway play.
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.
Shutterbug
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 592

Post by Shutterbug »

Laura wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:42 pm
Well, Cherry Friends, this statement is indeed . . .

Fact!

I had saved money for so long, had finally managed to get tickets, and then the 2016 Presidential Election happened.  Now, it was because of the election that the key player in "Hamilton" decided to use the stage (during one of his New York performances) as a platform to vent about his feelings toward the candidate(s).  When I saw this in the news coverage, I flipped my lid.  I'm paying hundreds of dollars to see a story told on Broadway.  I did not pay hundreds of dollars to hear your political views and opinions.  That crosses a line.  So, I tore up my tickets and wrote a letter to the production company explaining why those seats would be empty, and how it was unfair to force me to listen to an actor's personal opinion.  The company responded with cookie cutter "we're sorry that you felt disrespected", "Actors are sometimes passionate . . ." "blah, blah, blah". 

Anyway, if I'm paying to see the story of Hamilton, then that's what I want to see and hear.  Keep your opinions to yourself if it's my money at play.  You want to put on the show for free and spew, or stand on the street corner and spew, or even go on broadcast television and spew, go right ahead and feel free.  That's perfectly fine.  Don't charge me an arm and a leg to hear what you have to say about the current state of politics.

Rant over.

:greenlol:

Laura, I respect you so much for your stand on this. I totally agree with you. Sorry are out the money but I admire you take you stand.

Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.
mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2212

Post by mgehrke »

WOW!!! I totally agree and support what you said and did. I'm just so sorry it cost you hundreds of dollars, but you gotta do what's right for you. I would also not accept what the production people told you. That's so not right. Those actors are getting paid to perform not go off on some rant session. 
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

LoreenC
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 1271

Post by LoreenC »

Laura, I kind of thought this would be right. Good for you. I too am sick of listening to political views. If I had those tickets I would do the same!
I am so sorry you are out a lot of money!
I agree with your post, completely.
Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 5420

Post by Deanna13 »

oh no, Laura! I didn't hear that had happened, but would not want to go for that reason either.  I don't watch any of the big award shows anymore because most of the actors have to put in their 2 cents worth about politics.
Image Image ImageImage

Return to “General Debate”