Navigating Our Gallery

A place for new members to introduce themselves and ask questions about the Message Board, the Gallery and getting around ACOT.

Moderator: ACOT Employee

-Tracy-
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 439

Navigating Our Gallery

Post by -Tracy- »

There are many options for browsing our Gallery. Understanding how the gallery works can also help you when submitting your projects.

Here's the main Gallery Screen. I'm going to use this snapshot to go through the various options for you.

At the very top left of our screen you will see links to each of the various galleries. You can click on each of these to browse a specific gallery. You can also get to each of these galleries by clicking on the thumbnails under Recent Submissions in the top middle portion of the screen.

In addtion to the five main galleries, there are galleries by Challenge, Creative Team Projects and Layout Project Ideas (Shown in the middle and lower portion of the screen). You can click the links or the thumbnails to get to these galleries (for CT and Project Ideas). Any submission that is linked to our shop will appear in the Layout Project Ideas gallery. (For information on how to link your submissions to the shop, see How To Submit To The Gallery.) To see the projects in a specific challenge category, click on the link for that challenge. You can also view the summary of the challenge and the rules, by clicking those links in the center and right hand portion of the screen.

To see the personal gallery of any member of our Creative Team, click on the link with their name in the bottom left hand side of the screen.

Taking our attention back to the top left hand side of the screen now, you will see some drop boxes. Those are the categories that correspond to the category section of the submission screen (See How To Submit To The Gallery). So for instance if you want to see projects with Black & White photos, click on the drop down box under Technique and pick Black & White. This is great for seeing projects for a specific theme like Birthdays or using a techinque you'd like to try. Choosing categories and techniques when submitting your project really helps your fellow Cherry who is looking for ideas or wants to see what a certain technique will look like when finished.

Underneath that is where all your personal gallery links are. Each album you've created will appear as a link. To see only those projects in a specific album, click on the link. To see everything in your gallery, click on All Submissions. Did you see a project you love while browsing the gallery? On each page, above the project photo is a link that you can click to Save. To see all the projects you've saved, click on Saved Submissions. To see projects in your gallery that you have not filed into an album, click on Unfiled Submissions.

I hope this helps you get around and find things more easily in our gallery!
On a molecular level, I'm very busy.
1grandma
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 187

Re: Navigating Our Gallery

Post by 1grandma »

Yes!  It helps.  I sure did not know any of that.  It helps to be able to get around the gallery.  You are the best!
Bibi
AlwaysHappy
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 227

Post by AlwaysHappy »

Thank you so much Tracy!  Yes, that does help.
Image ImageImage

PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 514

Post by PezKat »

Ok, I must have something set differently than you.  I don't have the "Recent Submissions" section, the Creative Team links, or the Current Challenge list at the bottom... ?  At first I thought they might be new features but nope, my Gallery page looks the same as always.
Image Image
-Tracy-
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 439

Post by -Tracy- »

PezKat wrote: Ok, I must have something set differently than you.  I don't have the "Recent Submissions" section, the Creative Team links, or the Current Challenge list at the bottom... ?  At first I thought they might be new features but nope, my Gallery page looks the same as always.

On the left hand side under the links for your personal albums, there is a section forGallery Settings. That is where the option to turn on/off the summary page is. :)
On a molecular level, I'm very busy.
love2stamp
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1032

Post by love2stamp »

Thanks for the info. I will have to try it out.
ImageImageImageImage
Judy19
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by Judy19 »

just found this - a big help
Retiree3
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 5437

Post by Retiree3 »

Thank you for the information. It was helpful.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

dontscrapwithme
Cherry Tart

Post by dontscrapwithme »

Wow, so glad you have this section.
AmyTeets
Digital Designers
Gallery: 368

Post by AmyTeets »

Another option I suggest, so you don't miss anything. Underneath "Gallery Settings" You can turn off the summary page. By doing this it's one big gallery and nothing gets overlooked :D
Amy Teets Designs

My Blog
Facebook
Semper Fi

Snag Me!

Return to “Cherry Blossoms”