New Cherry Here! Plus Questionnaire

A place for new members to introduce themselves and ask questions about the Message Board, the Gallery and getting around ACOT.

Moderator: ACOT Employee

DMarie
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 462

Re: New Cherry Here! Plus Questionnaire

Post by DMarie »

Welcome to "Cherry Heaven!"  There is so much joy, inspiration and support here that you will feel like one of the family in no time.  

Tidbit about me is that I'm a scrapper that uses paper, digital and hybrids.  Plus a semi pro photographer.

Again, welcome to the fun.
Dawn Marie 
DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 445

Post by DN in MN »

Welcome Jess!  Can't wait to see your creations and get to know you better :) 
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 508

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

Hey Jess! Welcome to ACOT! I've been around here since 2021- VERY warm and inviting people here! And yes, crops! There's monthly challenges, too- and we CAN use the prompts for mixed media projects, too! (Unless a challenge specifies that it MUST be a LayOut.)
Good times here, all around!
shoorn
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 2842

Post by shoorn »

Welcome Jess! Lots of great challenges and wonderful people here. Looking forward to seeing your creations!
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image ImageImage   Image
Rachel Kent
ACOT Employee
Gallery: 1173

Post by Rachel Kent »

Welcome Jess! 

"I'm in a season in life where I craft in small windows the day provides. Two kiddos under the age of 4! (Took me two days to post this lol)"

Ahaha this made me chuckle! I am in that stage of life too. (Ages 6, 4, and 21 months) I have so many unfinished projects lol!
Jessica Mikels
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 140

Post by Jessica Mikels »

MTCanuk wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:11 am
Hey, Jess! Welcome to a fun place to hang out. Great people and lots of fun challenges! Right now I am posting sporadically as I am headed to AZ to spend the rest of the winter. Snowbirds from MT!
Oh fun MTCanuk! Weather is wonderful down here this time of year. I appreciate that the challenges are due monthly considering the amount of time I have to jump on here. I love how they're helping me push through my creative blocks!

JessicaMikelsCreativeDesigns.com
Instagram: @
jessicamikels
YouTube: @Jessica.Mikels

Image ImageImageImage
Jessica Mikels
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by Jessica Mikels »

Rachel_K wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:48 am
Welcome Jess! 

"I'm in a season in life where I craft in small windows the day provides. Two kiddos under the age of 4! (Took me two days to post this lol)"

Ahaha this made me chuckle! I am in that stage of life too. (Ages 6, 4, and 21 months) I have so many unfinished projects lol!
Oh heeey! Hi Rachel!! I have more projects that I want to start as opposed to unfinished ones but I have you and Jessica to thank for that lol I watched a YT video of you two sharing your mixed media journals and then playing with some new supplies. I'm addicted... lol I'm having a blast here and looking at everyone's projects is giving me the itch to set my MM journal aside and start a few new paper projects!

jessicamikels

Image ImageImageImage
Jessica Mikels
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by Jessica Mikels »

DMarie wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:06 pm
Welcome to "Cherry Heaven!"  There is so much joy, inspiration and support here that you will feel like one of the family in no time.  

Tidbit about me is that I'm a scrapper that uses paper, digital and hybrids.  Plus a semi pro photographer.

Again, welcome to the fun.
Heaven indeed DMarie!! 
Love your digitals btw. Happy to be here!

jessicamikels

Image ImageImageImage
suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 939

Post by suewho372 »

Hi Jess!!!
So glad you are here, and we hope you stay! 😊 I do all sorts of scrapping, use mixed media, sometimes hybrid( taking digital kit and printing and fussy cutting!), I sew on some layouts. Watercolor is something I have started doing more of recently. Time and mojo sometimes you have one and not the other. So when you can get them on the same page lol!
I host a mini layout challenge, would love to see your work there!
Can’t wait yo get to know you better!
P.S. my screen name is suewho- but I go by Susan 😊
Susan

Mommyof5
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 169

Post by Mommyof5 »

JessM wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:35 pm
Hello Fellow Cherries!

In love with the process, in love with the results.

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life?
I have not but if you all hear of any, I'd be left wishing I could participate! I'm in a season in life where I craft in small windows the day provides. Two kiddos under the age of 4! (Took me two days to post this lol)

What gives you the creeps?
I get the hibbie jibbies when I see skin wounds! I'm the one who covers my eyes and ask you to tell me when that gory movie scene is over.

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird?
Believe it or not, I am both! I stay up late to have time to myself and wake up early with my 1 year old. I enjoy both; the stillness of the late night and the crisp early mornings. Eventually I crash and just start the vicious cycle over again.

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage?
I don't drink often but when I do lol I drink a Grey Goose dirty martini with blue cheese stuffed olives. That's right. Lol

Happy to be here.
Ok... SO I just had to say, welcome !! 

I read everything and kind of giggled a few times, just remembering what my life was like with littles!!  That's so funny that you said it took you two days to post this!  OHHHH How I remember!  I had 5 all under the age of 10. FUN FUN FUN!!!!  And I was the same way...Late night owl and early morning bird snatching the worm...honestly, I still am for the most part. 
Except, my baby is now 17 and graduating high school, and it takes me days upon days to post because of WORK, not munchkins! LOL 
Enjoy them while they are tiny!!!  Oh...and that martini sounds AMAZING!  I also indulge in a dirty martini on occasion.. never had one with blue cheese STUFFED olives...TOTALLY doing that next time! 

Have a Wonderful Day!  ~Misty
 Image  Image   Image

Jessica Mikels
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by Jessica Mikels »

Mommyof5 wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:11 pm
JessM wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:35 pm
Hello Fellow Cherries!

In love with the process, in love with the results.

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life?
I have not but if you all hear of any, I'd be left wishing I could participate! I'm in a season in life where I craft in small windows the day provides. Two kiddos under the age of 4! (Took me two days to post this lol)

What gives you the creeps?
I get the hibbie jibbies when I see skin wounds! I'm the one who covers my eyes and ask you to tell me when that gory movie scene is over.

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird?
Believe it or not, I am both! I stay up late to have time to myself and wake up early with my 1 year old. I enjoy both; the stillness of the late night and the crisp early mornings. Eventually I crash and just start the vicious cycle over again.

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage?
I don't drink often but when I do lol I drink a Grey Goose dirty martini with blue cheese stuffed olives. That's right. Lol

Happy to be here.
Ok... SO I just had to say, welcome !! 

I read everything and kind of giggled a few times, just remembering what my life was like with littles!!  That's so funny that you said it took you two days to post this!  OHHHH How I remember!  I had 5 all under the age of 10. FUN FUN FUN!!!!  And I was the same way...Late night owl and early morning bird snatching the worm...honestly, I still am for the most part. 
Except, my baby is now 17 and graduating high school, and it takes me days upon days to post because of WORK, not munchkins! LOL 
Enjoy them while they are tiny!!!  Oh...and that martini sounds AMAZING!  I also indulge in a dirty martini on occasion.. never had one with blue cheese STUFFED olives...TOTALLY doing that next time! 

Hello there :) The timing of your post is impeccable. I've been contemplating having an other baby and have been reciting a pro's and con's list everyday! lol We are in such different seasons you and I but they both sound so wonderful. Mine? Wonderful?! You mean 4:45AM wake up calls, diapers, hair pulling, sticky hands, the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around is... wonderful?! You learn to embrace it though am I right?! The days are long but the years are fast. I have my share of days where I look forward to a season like yours. Sleep deprived and tired at first, I couldn't imagine my girls grown up and graduating high school! Now that the infancy stage is over, that's all I imagine and I want there to be more of them to make their life and my life grand while I can (ew that rhymed lol) Anyways, before I go on and subconsciously begin to type my list of pro's/con's, thanks for popping in to say hello! Please do let me know how those blue cheese stuffed olives go with your martini! CHEERS Mama Bear ;)

jessicamikels

Image ImageImageImage

Return to “Cherry Blossoms”