Shadow Challenge

davsar
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 631

Shadow Challenge

Post by davsar »

You might not like me after this (LOL :-D)

I love the look of perspective shadowing. Perspective what???  Here's how I would describe perspective shadowing - taking an item on your page and giving it a shadow as if it were a sun-dial.  Here's an example:

You have until Monday at Midnight to complet this challenge!  One lucky winner will get a $5 gift card.
MamaK321
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1010

Re: Shadow Challenge

Post by MamaK321 »

this is really cool!! do you have any tips on how to create a shadow like that?
Image Image
-Shannon-
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 148

Post by -Shannon- »

MamaK321 wrote: this is really cool!! do you have any tips on how to create a shadow like that?
What she said. I'd love to try it but have noooooooooo clue how to. Me a ding dong.   :-D

Thanks!
- Shannon

I have an everyday religion that works for me. Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line.
-Lucille Ball

-Tracy-
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 439

Post by -Tracy- »

I'm working up some screen shots girls, be back in a few minutes, ok?
On a molecular level, I'm very busy.
davsar
Cherry Cola

Post by davsar »

Here is a tutorialI found and I've also asked Tracy to see if she knows how (because she's my hero!!)

Hope this helps!

If you need any tips in GIMP - just ask - I know how to do that with my eyes closed - hehe!
ImageImage
luboost
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 33

Post by luboost »

Neat page!  Love the shadow effect!

erica :)
-Tracy-
Wild Cherry

Post by -Tracy- »

Super quick and easy guys.

Create your own shadow layer. Do this by adding a BLANK layer under the element you want to shadow. CTL+CLICK on the thumbnail for the layer of your element. This will give you the marching ants. Press ALT+BKSP this will fill in that shape with your foreground color.

Press Escape to get rid of the ants. On the shadow layer, run FILTER>BLUR>GAUSSIAN BLUR ( I used like 18% here).

Then go to IMAGE>TRANSFORM>PERSPECTIVE

This will give you a bounding box that only slides right to left or up & down. It will not enlarge or shrink.  Skew your shadow in the direction you desire.

Click the green checkmark and you're done.

If anyone needs screen shots of the first part, let me know. :)
-Shannon-
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 148

Post by -Shannon- »

ICanHasCherryOnTop wrote: Super quick and easy guys.

Create your own shadow layer. Do this by adding a BLANK layer under the element you want to shadow. CTL+CLICK on the thumbnail for the layer of your element. This will give you the marching ants. Press ALT+BKSP this will fill in that shape with your foreground color.

Press Escape to get rid of the ants. On the shadow layer, run FILTER>BLUR>GAUSSIAN BLUR ( I used like 18% here).BLUR>GAUSSIAN BLUR ( I used like 18% here).BLUR>GAUSSIAN BLUR ( I used like 18% here).GAUSSIAN BLUR ( I used like 18% here).GAUSSIAN BLUR ( I used like 18% here).

Then go to IMAGE>TRANSFORM>PERSPECTIVETRANSFORM>PERSPECTIVETRANSFORM>PERSPECTIVEPERSPECTIVEPERSPECTIVE

This will give you a bounding box that only slides right to left or up & down. It will not enlarge or shrink.  Skew your shadow in the direction you desire.

Click the green checkmark and you're done.

If anyone needs screen shots of the first part, let me know. :)
You are the ultimate rock star girl!!
- Shannon

I have an everyday religion that works for me. Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line.
-Lucille Ball

davsar
Cherry Cola

Post by davsar »

You are the bomb Tracy!!  Thankyou!!!!
ImageImage
-Tracy-
Wild Cherry

Post by -Tracy- »

Thanks chickies! :inlove:
Pegster
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 263

Post by Pegster »

ok thanks! I wanna do this!
Peggy
koala1966
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 2526

Post by koala1966 »

This was a fun challenge!  I never would have figured it out on my own, though, thanks to Tracy for those instructions, they were perfect.

Return to “DSD Crop 2008”