your turn

nun69
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1549

Re: your turn

Post by nun69 »

what kind of fast scraps do you gals like????? and I am LOVING some of these ideas!!!
Image~Angie~
Retiree3
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 5437

Post by Retiree3 »

I'd like to see a challenge for a LO that incorporates a person's age For example- I'm 54. That means I would have to use 54 items on my LO. The LO could be in categories - 20 years old, 30 years old, 40 years old, and so forth.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

averys_mom
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 293

Post by averys_mom »

I am really getting into genealogy, so I would love to see a heritage challenge. Even if you don't have photos, you could scrap a family recipe or a favorite memory.
killarney_rose
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 356

Post by killarney_rose »

sylgise5 wrote:Put a commerical jinge to work in a layout
Example: Can't have just one - anything you have two or more of (twins, bikes, etc.)

Can you hear me now - some one talking on a phone or yelling

and so on and so on

Oh, please steal this one because it is 1 am and the brain is shutting down and I'm going to sleep after this post and one more!!!!

I would so use: Wendy's commercial, "Where's the beef!"

Hey just look at my little cows:::::: see Peyton below, he's the little guy that grew up to still be a little guy. He's a Lowline Angus whose back is at the middle of my waist. My "pey pey", Lil Bull, and of course Mr. Studly! And he weighs in at 1000 lbs. He really is a baby when I walk in the pasture, he love loves his Mommy!
immom2anc
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 264

Post by immom2anc »

I had a lot of fun playing the games. I like the games that are random winners with the correct answer as opposed to the first to get it right, just because my comp acts up and doesn't refresh as fast as some. I like the thinking type challenges though, and the "bring me this..." type games too. Those are lots of fun!

As far as scrapping challenges & fast scraps, I enjoy the easier ones as opposed to completely outside the box because I'm more likely to do them. The out of the box ones tend to involve too much for me to want to tackle them & play the games around the board. I'd love to see a challenge using lyrics from a fav song, i love sketches, art pieces as inspiration, other people's photos for inspiration (example, Suzy posts a photo of her kids at the beach with a bright colored umbrella & the ocean in the back. the layouts could involve the colors, the beach, a bunch of kids, using the layout as a sketch, etc.), interesting techniques using supplies in unconventional manner (ie. use ribbon as a mask for paint, make a "paper" piecing using buttons or flowers, use fabric on your layout)
**Kristen**
My photography: http://www.kristencarterphotography.com
Image Image ImageImage Image
Sus79
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1714

Post by Sus79 »

I love to get a technique challenge, like OOB (out of the box), or using overlays.

A sketch is always fun, maybe with at twist of some sort, like make it monochromatic.

How to do a box, or another item and decorate them
ImageImageImageImageImage

Sus79
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1714

Post by Sus79 »

nun69 wrote:what kind of fast scraps do you gals like????? and I am LOVING some of these ideas!!!

I love getting fast scraps where we learn how to do a box, or an other gift, that you can make with in an hour. That have saved my butt more than once ;) So I just love those.

I also love the sketch fast scraps
ImageImageImageImageImage

ArmyWife95
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 160

Post by ArmyWife95 »

:-D As far as challenges, I definitely like the ordinary best. There's so many to do and you just don't have time if you are thinking too much, IMHO. I'm a slow scrapper, so it is tough for me to get that many challenges done.

On the fast scraps, sometimes I think there should be a little more detail, but then sometimes it's fine.:? I like that there were some projects in the challenges and some sketches in the fast scraps.

Anyway, kudos for all your efforts and it was a terrific weekend, filled with action. :-D:-D
kennabeans
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 39

Post by kennabeans »

It is soooooooo busy during the crops that I don't like the hard games. If they take lots of time or brain power, I don't do them because I don't have time. I do like the games though.
ImageImageImage
Northern Brat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 253

Post by Northern Brat »

I wasn't here this weekend to play, did one fast scrap on Sundaybut I have played at other ones.....

For challenges (I've posted this in a thread about helping the new CT members with ideas)

I like sketches, or use a black background, or all of the same color, or using an everyday theme, song titles, etc..I am not into the recipe challenges very much, but I did like Leslie's build a hottie one! I still might use that.

As for fast scraps I like the cards the best. I also like when you give instructions to make something ie, the winter crop we did those post it note covers...loved it! I also like making tags for a layout. Frames are fun too. I am not into making alot of altered things, although, some projects are cute! You know...a simple layout would be fun for a fast scrap.
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage
emarie803
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 691

Post by emarie803 »

I love the recipe and build-a... challenges! Maybe a challenge to use a song title, or use an catalog page (like pottery barn or something that has a lot of colors/textures featured on the page) and have us pull an element to use on our LO (example- there is a teal and brown striped pillow-I pull that element and use teal and brown stripes on my page)

As for fast scraps, the only one I did this crop was Angie's photograph one (which I absolutely loved!!). The only think I have to say about fast scraps is Please don't make me have to fold paper into a shape (box, cone, etc) early in the morning! My brain just does not do well with those when I am not awake :-D
jodcold
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 58

Post by jodcold »

My favorite fast scrap was the photo scavenger hunt-where you had to get a coffee mug, ribbon, buttons, etc and then take a creative photo of it.

I also like doing tags and cards for fast scraps.

For challenges, I like the Build a Layout (like the Hottie one this time); I also like ones that say use 3 ribbons and 4 buttons on your layout.

My favorite games are cryptograms and find 3-4 same color items from the store and the Price is Right. Another game I loved was a word type scavenger hunt where the hostess listed 8 items (dog, flag, etc) and you had to find a layout with that word/item in it. I love most any game where you have to go to the gallery or store and find something.

I loved the scrambled word games, but not when the first correct answer wins-would prefer it to be random. Yeah, people could just copy the answer of the first person, but how do they know it is correct???

I love Bingo, but have never yet won. Maybe I'll be lucky at the next crop. I would love the Bingo games to only be an hour long though instead of 2 hours (hate to admit it but I fell asleep during one of the games and still was able to finish the game).

I may be wrong but I thought in past crops you earned points any time you posted-even during games.

All in all, it was a fun crop.
"Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

Jody H. (jodcold)

Image Image Image

Beth-W
Featured Guest Coordinator
Gallery: 459

Post by Beth-W »

carrie123 wrote:How about like the brides thingy goes....
Something old
Something new
Something borrowed(an idea or technique or embellishment etc. from another layout)
Something blue
Hey Carrie, Kathy and I did this last crop. Great minds. :winkb:
~Beth
"Make it bigger, make it badder, make it awesome" -Duff Goldman
"They need a hero to tell them that sometimes the impossible can become possible, if you're AWESOME!" -Rhino

http://latteonthebrain.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
Beth-W
Featured Guest Coordinator
Gallery: 459

Post by Beth-W »

jodcold wrote: I may be wrong but I thought in past crops you earned points any time you posted-even during games.

When you are new to the site, you earn a point for every post until you reach 500 posts. :winkb:
~Beth
"Make it bigger, make it badder, make it awesome" -Duff Goldman
"They need a hero to tell them that sometimes the impossible can become possible, if you're AWESOME!" -Rhino

http://latteonthebrain.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
montana_girl
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 280

Post by montana_girl »

nun69 wrote:what kind of fast scraps do you gals like????? and I am LOVING some of these ideas!!!

Cards! Can never have enough cards... especially like the ones where we get to try a new technique... like the "over the edge" and "window" cards that we Fast Scrapped during the crop.

The sketches or scraplift a LO in hour... I find not only can I do that, but the pages come out great!

The little gift boxes or bags are fun too.

Bookmarks are fun, fast and easy.... but now I have a pile of them from the Fast Scraps I've done!

Make something to be used on a layout later, like a journal box, flower, border, etc

Basically, I like the fast scraps that I know I'm going use in the future!
Stacy
Jenn Kellams
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 402

Post by Jenn Kellams »

MamaK321 wrote:
sylgise5 wrote:Put a commerical jinge to work in a layout
Example: Can't have just one - anything you have two or more of (twins, bikes, etc.)

Can you hear me now - some one talking on a phone or yelling

and so on and so on
that is a really clever one, a layout inspired by a jingle.

I am loving this idea myself!! Great thinking!
Jennifer K.
Personal Blog

Return to “Summer Crop 2009”