Christmas 2022 Ornament Exchange

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 319

Christmas 2022 Ornament Exchange

Post by Flasher »

Hey Cherries!  Did you know that Christmas is only 100 days away?  It's coming up fast, isn't it?  How would you like to participate in an Ornament Exchange here with your fellow Cherries?

So, "How does this work?", you ask.  Well, here are the details:

1.  Sign-ups are now open and will close on October 15, 2022 at midnight!  Please sign up on this thread, and then send me a PM with your name and mailing address.

2.  On or around October 16, you will receive a PM from me indicating who you are buying for.

3.  If you choose to sign up and play, please be sure to answer the questions at the end of this post.  This way you will get to know the likes and dislikes of your Chosen Cherry!

4.  As for cost, I'm going to say there is no maximum and no minimum.  There are ornaments in all price ranges.  Just be sure that the ornament is something your gal will truly enjoy.  In years past, some Cherries have sent more than one ornament to their assigned gal.  However you want to handle it is up to you and your budget!

5.  ALL ORNAMENTS SHOULD BE RECEIVED BY DECEMBER 5, 2022!  This will give us Cherries ample time to display and enjoy our ornaments. 

6.  If for some reason you sign up and then decide that you can't play for whatever reason, please PM me as soon as possible so that I can make alternate plans.   Also, if life gets in the way and your package is late to go out or will be delayed for any reason at all, be sure to PM me as soon as possible.  Hey, life happens -- and we ALL know that.  We all understand when things go wrong, but we also want to be sure everyone is kept in the loop and no one is left without an ornament.   Communication is key!

7.  This Christmas Ornament Exchange is not sponsored or endorsed by ACOT in any way.

8.  Have fun!

Any questions?  Just let me know!

🍒 🎄  Cherry Christmas Elves  🍒 🎄

1.  Laura (Flasher)
2.  Brandi (QueenBee89)
3.  Vicki (VickiR)
4.  Brandy (blbabe1234)
5.  Valerie (SCRAPBOOKINGVLCS)
6.  Ginni (GinniG)
7.  Kimber (Shutterbug)
8.  Susan (oceanbreezes423)
9.  Mildred (mgehrke)
10.  Rebecca (Monroe1218)
11.  Sharon (sherelm)
12.  Kim (Breauxlabs)

Ornament Exchange Cherry Information

1. What colors do you decorate your tree with during the holidays?  If you only have a gold tree, let us know.  If you only use red and green, let us now!  We want to make you happy!

2.  Does your Christmas Tree have a theme?  Maybe it's Star Wars, maybe it's the beach, maybe it's travel.   If so, what is it?

3.  What is your decorating style . . . traditional, formal, primitive, country, hodge podge?

4.  Do you have any collections on your tree?

5.  Is there anything or any color you would not like to see on your tree?  If so, be sure to tell us!

6.  Anything else?  Whatever you want us to know about your Christmas Tree and decorating style, let us know!

Last edited by Flasher on Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:55 am, edited 6 times in total.
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Flasher
Cherry Crush

Re: Christmas 2022 Ornament Exchange

Post by Flasher »

1.  I have two main trees.  The first (family) tree I decorate with all colors!  My second Pink tree, is well, pink!  The rest of my home decorating is virtually all red and green!

2.  My tree does not have a theme.  Anything goes and is welcome on my tree (except for that awful thing mentioned in #5). 

3.  My decorating style is . . . anything goes!  I love traditional, country, hodge podge, retro, etc.  I love tracking down older ornaments from the 60's and 70's!

4.  There are no collections on my tree.

5.  I . . . hate . . . snowmen.  HATE them.  It's completely irrational and my reasons are petty, but I simply hate them.  So please, do not send me a snowman.  I won't like it even if it's pink.  And when I say SNOWMAN, I mean a snowman of any kind -- made out of seashells or candy or other items. 

6.  Stay away from snowmen and Flasher will be happy!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

QueenBee89
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1681

Post by QueenBee89 »

I’ll play!

1. What colors do you decorate your tree with during the holidays? If you only have a gold tree, let us know. If you only use red and green, let us now! We want to make you happy!
I have 2. Our main tree is a mix of what makes us “us” - lots of farmhouse/americana style, mixed with family hobbies. I get new ornaments every year for my boys based on their current interests as well! The second tree is based on my grandmothers old ornaments, shiny pink balls, and I add some silver accent to it

2. Does your Christmas Tree have a theme? Maybe it's Star Wars, maybe it's the beach, maybe it's travel. If so, what is it?
See above. Not really a theme, but a mix!

3. What is your decorating style . . . traditional, formal, primitive, country, hodge podge?Primitive/Country/Farmhouse

4. Do you have any collections on your tree?
I have the entire series of Snow Buddies from Hallmark, but not all on my tree. My mom started this for me when I was 8 or 9 I think and have continued ever since.

5. Is there anything or any color you would not like to see on your tree? If so, be sure to tell us!
No purple please, anything else is fair game!

6. Anything else? Whatever you want us to know about your Christmas Tree and decorating style, let us know!
I love custom ornaments! I’ve gotten a family ornament custom made the last 4 years and I typically support small business crafters on Etsy with my ornament purchases.
~Brandi  :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama 

Image Image
VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1361

Post by VickiR »

I'm in!

1. What colors do you decorate your tree with during the holidays?  If you only have a gold tree, let us know.  If you only use red and green, let us now!  We want to make you happy!
We have a new white flocked artificial tree this year. (Our daughter is allergic to pine)  It has white lights.  I've used the colors red and gold for years.

2.  Does your Christmas Tree have a theme?  Maybe it's Star Wars, maybe it's the beach, maybe it's travel.   If so, what is it?
No theme but the gold ornaments are jingle bells and stars.  The red and turquoise are round with a few red spirals.  I do have a Barbie collection that I started back in the 70's and sometimes I add a few of them to the tree.  I used to do 4 trees, but since we retired, I'm down to one.

3.  What is your decorating style . . . traditional, formal, primitive, country, hodge podge?
I prefer traditional style at Christmas.

Stars and spirals and Barbie's that I don't use often. 

5.  Is there anything or any color you would not like to see on your tree?  If so, be sure to tell us!
I would prefer to stick with the 3 colors mentioned above but would be happy with anything a cherry sends!

6.  Anything else?  Whatever you want us to know about your Christmas Tree and decorating style, let us know!
ABSOLUTELY NO GLITTER, please.  Especially if it comes off when you touch it.  I got it in my eye years ago and haven't touched it since.

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3697

Post by blbabe1234 »

I'm in! I've always enjoyed participating in this in the past.

1. What colors do you decorate your tree with during the holidays?  If you only have a gold tree, let us know.  If you only use red and green, let us now!  We want to make you happy! I have one 7 ft tree and its fake. I always use the same lights (the multi-colored ones).

2.  Does your Christmas Tree have a theme?  Maybe it's Star Wars, maybe it's the beach, maybe it's travel.   If so, what is it? No true theme, however, I have enough dog and cat ornaments to decorate it in a Fur-Kid theme 🐾 🐾 

3.  What is your decorating style . . . traditional, formal, primitive, country, hodge podge? I tend to lean towards hodge podge

4.  Do you have any collections on your tree? No real collections. If I like it, I buy it.

5.  Is there anything or any color you would not like to see on your tree?  If so, be sure to tell us! I'm not religious at all, so please no crosses or anything leaning towards religion. As for colors, no neon colors please. LOL

6.  Anything else?  Whatever you want us to know about your Christmas Tree and decorating style, let us know! You can't go wrong with anything that has paw prints, cats, dogs, Texas!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
VALERIE 03/22
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 437

Post by VALERIE 03/22 »

ADD ME IN LAURA............. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS SO HERE IS MY LIKES & DISLIKES

I HAVE A FAKE 6.5 FOOT GREEN TREE WITH MULTI-COLORED LIGHTS

NO THEME MORE HODGE PODGE TO TRADITIONAL

I LIKE MOST ORNAMENTS EXCEPT BIG ONES LIKE REALLY BIG OR STAR WARS REALLY NO THEMED CUZ IT'S TO HARD TO KEEP UP WITH

I LOVE FROSTED OR GLASS ORNAMENTS THE BEST I HAVE 2 REINDEERS THAT ARE FROSTED & MADE FROM GLASS....... COULD USE PAW PRINTS OR CAT OR DOG ITEMS I HAVE A FEW OF THEM AND LIKE HOW THEY LOOK ON THE TREE...... LIGHTED ORANMENTS ARE FINE ALSO

VINTAGE IS OKAY WITH ME ALSO BUYING FROM SECONDHAND STORES IS OKAY WITH ME CUZ YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL FIND.......... I ALSO DON'T LIKE RELIGIONOUS ITEMS OR ANGELS 

IF YOU NEED MORE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW............ VALERIE
Last edited by VALERIE 03/22 on Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
GinniG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 470

Post by GinniG »

I'd love to play!  What a great idea!!!

Here's my answers:

1. What colors do you decorate your tree with during the holidays?  If you only have a gold tree, let us know.  If you only use red and green, let us now!  We want to make you happy!  I don't have any set colors.  Almost all of my ornaments are different!  I've been collecting for almost 65 years and still have some of my really early ones!

2.  Does your Christmas Tree have a theme?  Maybe it's Star Wars, maybe it's the beach, maybe it's travel.   If so, what is it?  No theme.

3.  What is your decorating style . . . traditional, formal, primitive, country, hodge podge?  Hodge podge!  But we do live in Alaska in a rain forest...  LOL!

4.  Do you have any collections on your tree?  Not really.  I do love snowmen and Santas

5.  Is there anything or any color you would not like to see on your tree?  If so, be sure to tell us!  I can't think of any...

6.  Anything else?  Whatever you want us to know about your Christmas Tree and decorating style, let us know!   I haven't been able to have a real tree (live or fake) for almost 7 years because there's no room for it here.  THIS year however, house finished or not I'm putting up a full sized tree and I'm putting all my ornaments on it!  LOL!  It will definitely be our first Christmas in our new house!  :)  It's my all time favorite holiday and I LOVE decorating inside and out!  One day I'd love to be one of those people whose house is so decorated that people come from all over to see it!  :)  I might make it someday.  LOL!
Shutterbug
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 592

Post by Shutterbug »

Please add me! I wanna play. I will be back to answer the questions Laura thanks for hosting!
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.
Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

Just bumping to lower the loser spammer!

oceanbreezes423
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 2131

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

Count me in!

1. What colors do you decorate your tree with during the holidays?  If you only have a gold tree, let us know.  If you only use red and green, let us now!  We want to make you happy! Res, white, silver and natural

My tree is a flocked white tree, with red cardinals, berries, pinecones and bird nests. Very nature oriented.

Very country, outdoor feel. Even my topper is a feathered owl.

No collections, but a few sentimental ornaments from years past.

Just follow above theme and I am sure I will like it.

ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image
mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2212

Post by mgehrke »

I'm In!!! I've done this is the past and had so much fun shopping for my fellow Cherry. I'm super excited.

1. What colors do you decorate your tree with during the holidays?  If you only have a gold tree, let us know.  If you only use red and green, let us now!  We want to make you happy! I decorate with the traditional Christmas colors. We get a real tree every year and we have multi colored lights and we just go from there.

2.  Does your Christmas Tree have a theme?  Maybe it's Star Wars, maybe it's the beach, maybe it's travel.   If so, what is it? No theme at all

3.  What is your decorating style . . . traditional, formal, primitive, country, hodge podge? I would say hodge podge

4.  Do you have any collections on your tree? No collections

5.  Is there anything or any color you would not like to see on your tree?  If so, be sure to tell us! I would have to stay away from black as that is for Halloween.

6.  Anything else?  Whatever you want us to know about your Christmas Tree and decorating style, let us know! Since my tree is hodge podge you can't go wrong. If you think I'll like it, then I'll love it. I'm that easy to please.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage
Monroe1218
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 86

Post by Monroe1218 »

Me!!!

Rebecca

Monroe1218
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 86

Post by Monroe1218 »

My tree is a hodge podge of colors - except no pink/purple.  Anything else is a go!

No theme.  We collect ornaments from our vacations, important things that happen during the year, handmade ornaments from Grayson or my sister in law.... 

Hodge podge!  

Just ornaments from where we have been on  vacations.... 

No pink or purple.  

I love  vintage ornaments, anything possum or mouse (not Mickey) related.
Rebecca

Shutterbug
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 592

Post by Shutterbug »

1. Our tree has no set color scheme. We just moved bought a house and have not figured. Out what we will do.

2. We have a few different themes. I collect Nativities, Wr love the realist food ornaments. Schnauzer Ornaments, Hallmark Trains, Cars etc.

Anything Christmas we love!

3.I have no decorating Style. What ever we love.

4. See # 2.

5. Anything goes as far as color

Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 733

Post by sherelm »

I'll play! Off to answer questions...
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 733

Post by sherelm »

What colors do you decorate your tree with during the holidays? If you only have a gold tree, let us know. If you only use red and green, let us now! We want to make you happy! ALL COLORS!

2. Does your Christmas Tree have a theme? Maybe it's Star Wars, maybe it's the beach, maybe it's travel. If so, what is it? WE HAVE THREE THEMED TREES: DISNEY, ANGELS, AND BIRDS

3. What is your decorating style . . . traditional, formal, primitive, country, hodge podge? TRADITIONAL

4. Do you have any collections on your tree? DISNEY ORNAMENTS FROM PAST YEARS AND PARK VISITS

5. Is there anything or any color you would not like to see on your tree? If so, be sure to tell us! NOPE!

6. Anything else? Whatever you want us to know about your Christmas Tree and decorating style, let us know!
I ALWAYS LOOK AT A GIFTED ORNAMENT AS SOMETHING VERY SPECIAL. SO NO, I APPRECIATE ALL!
Breauxlabs
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 780

Post by Breauxlabs »

Laura wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:56 am
Hey Cherries!  Did you know that Christmas is only 100 days away?  It's coming up fast, isn't it?  How would you like to participate in an Ornament Exchange here with your fellow Cherries?

So, "How does this work?", you ask.  Well, here are the details:

1.  Sign-ups are now open and will close on October 15, 2022 at midnight!  Please sign up on this thread, and then send me a PM with your name and mailing address.

2.  On or around October 16, you will receive a PM from me indicating who you are buying for.

3.  If you choose to sign up and play, please be sure to answer the questions at the end of this post.  This way you will get to know the likes and dislikes of your Chosen Cherry!

4.  As for cost, I'm going to say there is no maximum and no minimum.  There are ornaments in all price ranges.  Just be sure that the ornament is something your gal will truly enjoy.  In years past, some Cherries have sent more than one ornament to their assigned gal.  However you want to handle it is up to you and your budget!

5.  ALL ORNAMENTS SHOULD BE RECEIVED BY DECEMBER 5, 2022!  This will give us Cherries ample time to display and enjoy our ornaments. 

6.  If for some reason you sign up and then decide that you can't play for whatever reason, please PM me as soon as possible so that I can make alternate plans.   Also, if life gets in the way and your package is late to go out or will be delayed for any reason at all, be sure to PM me as soon as possible.  Hey, life happens -- and we ALL know that.  We all understand when things go wrong, but we also want to be sure everyone is kept in the loop and no one is left without an ornament.   Communication is key!

7.  This Christmas Ornament Exchange is not sponsored or endorsed by ACOT in any way.

8.  Have fun!

Any questions?  Just let me know!

🍒 🎄  Cherry Christmas Elves  🍒 🎄

1.  Laura (Flasher)
2.  Brandi (QueenBee89)
3.  Vicki (VickiR)
4.  Brandy (blbabe1234)
5.  Valerie (SCRAPBOOKINGVLCS)
6.  Ginni (GinniG)
7.  Kimber (Shutterbug)
8.  Susan (oceanbreezes423)
9.  Mildred (mgehrke)
10.  Rebecca (Monroe1218)
11.  Sharon (sherelm)

Ornament Exchange Cherry Information

Sorry I cannot for the life of me figure out how to cope/paste on my iPad. Hope I’m not too late. I saw the thread when we were on vacation and of course forgot to get back to it!

1. My tree is a little bit of everything. I have red, green, gold, silver…I hear mixed metals are in, haha! 

2. No theme and little bit of everything. Almost every ornament has a “story” or has been with us for a very long time. This year on vacation I bought an ornament for every activity we did. So I’ll have lots of Smokey Mountain things to add. I also have memorial ornaments from our past dogs and funny/cute pet related ornaments.

3. I would have to say traditional. I would love to have that perfectly trimmed tree…but that’s not us. I love that the kids come over and say I can’t believe you still have this snowman from when I was 5. 

4. No collections and anything goes! I have snowmen, angels, dogs, travel, Disney, fishing, santa’s, Elves, glass… seriously a little bit of everything.

5. I think I have every color on there now, ha! 

6. I love Christmas and decorating. I’ll start when we get home next Sunday and then we will go cut our tree down the second weekend in December. I leave it up as long as I possibly can after Christmas. I have ornaments from friends in different areas…. I love them as much as my longtime ornaments. To know that someone picked out that particular ornament for me….it would make it special. 
Kim Breaux
ImageImage

Return to “Christmas Ornament Exchange”