Mixed Media Mix Up!

The place to chat and mingle with Scrapbook Celebrities!

Moderator: ACOT Employee

VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1361

Re: Mixed Media Mix Up!

Post by VickiR »

NatalieDill wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 9:49 am
VickiR wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:55 pm
I've used gel medium to transfer photos printed on regular computer paper to another surface. 

Here's a card that I made this week using glass bead gel and a heart stencil.  I love this stuff and use it a lot.  The hearts are cascading down the right side of the card.  There are cIose up photos in my blog.  It also comes in black although I've never tried it.  The white goes on opaque and dries clear.  It gives so much texture to projects.  I use either a Cricket Spatula or used gift cards to apply it.

This is so stunning! I love the colors and everything about it. That background is just all the heart eyes!! 
Thanks, Natalie.  It's a new line of MM papers that a friend designed.   My Blog post

Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 5417

Post by Deanna13 »

Natalie, I picked up some mica flakes. Thought they would be fun with all that sparkle, but what all ways can you use them? 

{I need to catch up on watching your videos, so sorry if you've already shown how to use this.} 
Image Image ImageImage
Natalie Dill
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 725

Post by Natalie Dill »

Deanna13 wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:54 pm
Natalie, I picked up some mica flakes. Thought they would be fun with all that sparkle, but what all ways can you use them? 

{I need to catch up on watching your videos, so sorry if you've already shown how to use this.} 

So fun!
I have not used them much in my videos, but I do have some. I will try to do a focus on them soon.
I do have one video in which I used them - you can see it here: https://youtu.be/yJYlQPLYLOo  About minute 4 is where I use them. I applied them to cardstock over gel medium!!! Remember when you asked what you could use gel medium for? lol

So basically you can press them down on any adhesive.
They work well with liquid glue, a glue pen, sticky embossing powder, even tape if you wanted a perfect straight line of gilding.
It can also be applied to a wet paint (acrylic probably more than water colors) and it will dry stuck to the paint.
If you have adhesive sheets or foam, die cutting them and then applied the flakes could be neat. (This also works with foil, like for the Minc.)
Hope this helps. I can't wait to see what you make!
Natalie 💖 🍒  Find more at Dillightfully Crafty YouTube

Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 5417

Post by Deanna13 »

NatalieDill wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:43 pm
Deanna13 wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:54 pm

So fun!
I have not used them much in my videos, but I do have some. I will try to do a focus on them soon.
I do have one video in which I used them - you can see it here: https://youtu.be/yJYlQPLYLOo  About minute 4 is where I use them. I applied them to cardstock over gel medium!!! Remember when you asked what you could use gel medium for? lol

So basically you can press them down on any adhesive.
They work well with liquid glue, a glue pen, sticky embossing powder, even tape if you wanted a perfect straight line of gilding.
It can also be applied to a wet paint (acrylic probably more than water colors) and it will dry stuck to the paint.
If you have adhesive sheets or foam, die cutting them and then applied the flakes could be neat. (This also works with foil, like for the Minc.)
Hope this helps. I can't wait to see what you make! 

Thank you! I'll check it out! 
Image Image ImageImage

Return to “The Cherry Loft”