Jenni Bowlin CHAT HERE. **never been so excited**

Moderators: MamaK321, 4peasinourpod

Jennibowlin
Cherry Tart

Re: Jenni Bowlin CHAT HERE. **never been so excited**

Post by Jennibowlin »

Hi Sandi! As far as how long I've been doing this - a long time! I started scrapbooking when my first son, who is now 13 (yikes!) was born. By the time my second one came along I started teaching at a local store, which lead to me meeting Tricia, who at the time had just started Li'l Davis Designs. I was their Creative Director for about 4 years until I left to pursue our online kit club, JBS Mercantile which still exists today. Over time I couldn't get the product development bug out of me so my husband joined me and we started out in wholesale. That's been 5 years now - gosh, didn't even realized that until now!
Jennibowlin
Cherry Tart

Post by Jennibowlin »

craftyk - my favorite holiday to design for is Christmas! I LOVE Christmas - I am hoping to do a "12 ornaments of Christmas" event in late November. Still trying to get it together. Wish there were more hours in the day!
beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1740

Post by beachlover »

welcome Jenni, we are all stalkers fans of yours here at ACOT!!!:winkb: and Pam, love, love, love what you did w/that cigar box! I adore the colors and the 'old fashioned feel' I get from your line, it works with everything!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

fong33
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 204

Post by fong33 »

Hi Jenni. Sorry for arriving late. SO excited that you are here to chat with us.

How did you get started in the business? What was the biggest challenge?
Kara
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 69

Post by Kara »

Jenni- do you have other stalkers like Pam? ;)

Lol seriously I just wanted to say that your products are wonderful and thanks for making them
Image \ ImageImage
4peasinourpod
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 816

Post by 4peasinourpod »

beachlover wrote:welcome Jenni, we are all stalkers fans of yours here at ACOT!!!:winkb: and Pam, love, love, love what you did w/that cigar box! I adore the colors and the 'old fashioned feel' I get from your line, it works with everything!
I didn't do the cigar box....Jenni's husband, Jared, sent me those pictures to include in the chat :) I am so going to do one, though :)
~pam~
debamas
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 228

Post by debamas »

Hi Jenni, the vintage look is what attracts me to your design. Do you have a studio in your home? How do you manage family and work? How often do you travel? Just found your blog and bookmarked it so I can go back and enjoy after this. WELCOME!!
Debbie

amberella
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 39

Post by amberella »

Hi Jenni (and Pam and everyone else!)! I apologize for my lateness too.. it was dinnertime!

Jenni, LOVE your designs, I don't think I've seen anything I don't like!

I think all of the questions I was going to ask have been asked, I'm having fun reading answers! :)
AmberImageImage
ImageImage
glo85cam
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 99

Post by glo85cam »

Hello and welcome.

Other than yourself, do you have any favorite designers?
glo

[img:3st2c6tv]http://sbing.com/i/thumbnails/proudjubilee.gif[/img:3st2c6tv]
scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1487

Post by scrapy1967 »

Hi Jenni! I am just now getting here. Had to do some outside chores first!
ImageImage 

scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1487

Post by scrapy1967 »

I love your products and have been a kit memeber for a very long time! I also met you at one of your vintagefest get togethers!
ImageImage 

Mom2Bri
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 248

Post by Mom2Bri »

Hi Jenni! I love all your designs! I usually have to get my inspiration from something I see.

How do you come up with so many product ideas?
Teresa --"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace."
http://www.acherryontop.com/i/thumbnail ... linkie.gif
Jennibowlin
Cherry Tart

Post by Jennibowlin »

craftyk - good questions!

My favorite line that I have designed is our black/red line (the latest extension just hit the shelves here at ACOT)! I have felt from the beginning that there are just some color schemes/products that are classic and never go out of style. It is a shame that sometimes in our industry things come and go so quick - there are products I remember from many years ago that I would love to restock. So . . . I decided that I was going to continue adding to this line (and we have kept almost every paper and accessory in stock for each line over the years). That way everything coordinates too - year after year!
Cherry Bing

Post by »

Wow this is so excited to meet you..Welcome to Acot..

First of all, I had a crazy dream that you were in what looked like a Picker sisters truck and you saw an antique fire truck in front of our house and stopped to see it... we talked..and it was really neat...

I love your blog with all the vintage findings you show..

that being said..are you inspired by the shows Picker Sisters and american Pickers?
2boysma
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 84

Post by 2boysma »

Welcome, Jenni. We love and appreciate your HUGE contribution to our passion! Can you speak to us about what inspires you? What helps you keep all your creative "plates" spinning at the same time? What helps you keep passionate about scrapbooking since it IS also your livelihood.

Thank you.
Jeanne

amberella
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 39

Post by amberella »

Jennibowlin wrote:craftyk - good questions!

My favorite line that I have designed is our black/red line (the latest extension just hit the shelves here at ACOT)! I have felt from the beginning that there are just some color schemes/products that are classic and never go out of style. It is a shame that sometimes in our industry things come and go so quick - there are products I remember from many years ago that I would love to restock. So . . . I decided that I was going to continue adding to this line (and we have kept almost every paper and accessory in stock for each line over the years). That way everything coordinates too - year after year!

I LOVE that you connect your lines like this. I wish more designers (both scrappy and clothing, frankly!) would do the same!
AmberImageImage
ImageImage
craftyk
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 38

Post by craftyk »

amberella wrote:
Jennibowlin wrote:craftyk - good questions!

I LOVE that you connect your lines like this. I wish more designers (both scrappy and clothing, frankly!) would do the same!

I totally agree!!!!
Jennibowlin
Cherry Tart

Post by Jennibowlin »

cbee - pressures, what pressures? Ha! There is always alot of pressure. It is very personal. My husband always tries to remind me that it isn't, but if something fails it feels like someone is telling me my baby is ugly, you know? Year after year, with every show, it is very stressful. But. . . also very rewarding. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Cherry Bing

Post by »

Jenni, Vintage is very hot right now...I love it... do you think its going to stick around? I hope so...Im not into modern so much...and for a while there were so many geometrical patterns.. and very little vintage... or so it seemed...
Jennibowlin
Cherry Tart

Post by Jennibowlin »

deerewife - that is a good question! Our industry is definitely changing. While I can't speak for other companies, I know that for Jared and I, operating independently has been the best choice for us. That is one of the reasons I have loved licensing so much. I get to work with some wonderful companies whose products I love (and who are doing it best) instead of trying to compete with them. We do what we know best and for other things, like cardstock and inks/paints, we looked to Coredinations and Ranger to do what they do best (and we all win)! Which, by the way, I have another licensing surprise coming in January! I can tell you it is with Fiskars but that is about it for now!!!

Return to “October Crop 2011”