{Sweet Shadow Box Frame Class!}

Moderators: MamaK321, 4peasinourpod

ScrapGoo
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 561

{Sweet Shadow Box Frame Class!}

Post by ScrapGoo »

Welcome, welcome... I am just about ready to get started with my class! Who's here? :-D

I will be editing this original post to keep all the steps in the same place... so keep checking back.

This tutorial will show you how I created this shadow box frame from the Pink Paislee Mistables frame and the Farmhouse collection from Crate Paper.

You will need:
- The Pink Paislee wood shadow box frame
- Pink Paislee Mistables scallop trim
- A piece of each "Sunday Dinner" and "Cupboard" papers from the Crate Paper Farmhouse collection
- Farmhouse chipboard stickers
- Farmhouse border stickers
- Farmhouse phrase stickers
- A coordinating mist or paint (I used Heirloom Blue Mister Huey from Studio Calico)
- White acrylic paint
- Foam tape or pop dots
- buttons and twine

To begin you need to mist or paint your frame. I misted mine but I wanted the inside to stay light so I used a piece of scrap paper as a mask along the inner edge. After you've misted a side use a paper towel to blot up the excess and rub the color in.

I wanted my frame to have some added depth so I watered down some white acrylic paint and brushed it along the edges. Again I used a paper towel to soften the look after painting it on.

Cut a piece of the orange paper slightly smaller than 7" x 9". Stich a white border. Adhere it to the bottom of the frame.

Cut a 1.5" strip of the green leaf paper. Stitch a white border. Adhere it to the right edge. Then add a strip of the teal border sticker and then a strip of the red border sticker.

Cut two strip of wide scallop Mistables trim and layer them so they are offset to show off the scallops like so:

Cut a 4.75" x 5.5" piece of the teal dot paper and adhere as shown:

Print and cut a photo to 3.75" x 4.5". Add the chipboard frame on top and add three photo corners as shown:

Use 2-3 layers of foam tape or pop dots to elevate the photo frame on top of the teal photo mat. You want the photo to be raised enough to give the frame nice layered depth and for there to be enough space to tuck embellishments under.

Next we are going to add those embellishments. To the right side add: the rectangular scalloped sticker, the "thankful" sticker, the clock chipboard, and the "3" chipboard. If you do not have three people in your photo you can choose a different piece of the chipboard or you can cover the number with a button. Use foam tape to raise the edges of elements where needed to support the added depth and layering. Finally, add the teal chipboard flower on top of the photo frame.

To the top add: another flower, the "delightful" sticker, and a small round piece of chipboard.

Form a flower with the small scallop Mistables trim and an adhesive circle. I used a Gluber but you can use whatever adhesive you have as long as it is strong. Start at the outside edge and ruffle the trim around towards the center until you have filled the circle.

Add two chipboard buttons tied with twine.

Adhere this flower to the lower left corner of the frame with the large red chipboard flower layered under it. Add the "Sweet" chipboard title to the right of the trim flower.

Cut a 6" x 1.25" strip of the green leaf paper and accordion fold it. Use a very strong adhesive such as Zip Dry to create a half circle tucked behind the trim flower. You will need to hold the edges down until they are dry to make sure they remain stuck! Add a small piece of chipboard in front of the half circle.

Tie two small bows to the ends of the chipboard banner. Add a small coordinating button to each scallop on the banner. Adhere the banner to the upper right corner of the frame.

And that's it! This project has tons of fun details but really takes very little time to complete. I hope you've enjoyed it! As always this tutorial will eventually be published in the resources section here at ACOT and you can feel free to PM me (or post here) any questions you might have!
Last edited by ScrapGoo on Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:32 pm, edited 10 times in total.
megamay
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 983

Re: {Sweet Shadow Box Frame Class!}

Post by megamay »

well Im here, but I don't know if I count - since Im hosting. I will be checking in though, this looks like a fun class!
ScrapyCandy
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 73

Post by ScrapyCandy »

I'm still here...lurking...
Scrapycandy
vbeat89899
Cherry Tart

Post by vbeat89899 »

I'm here

Vicki
ScrapperCarolS
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 3

Post by ScrapperCarolS »

I'm here!
croppinmama
Cherry Cola
Gallery: -2

Post by croppinmama »

I'm here, getting my stuff together.
vbeat89899
Cherry Tart

Post by vbeat89899 »

I'm here

Vicki
writerlady
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 448

Post by writerlady »

Oh Jess - beautiful as always!
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

ScrapGoo
Cherry Jubilee

Post by ScrapGoo »

writerlady wrote:Oh Jess - beautiful as always!

Aw, thanks Sandy!!
ChrissyTina
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 221

Post by ChrissyTina »

**AHEM**

I've read through what you have!! :::tapping foot::: waiting..... ::checking watch::...... ::COUGH::

:winkb:

Seriously, your frame looks FANTASTIC!
Chrissy

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3695

Post by blbabe1234 »

GORGEOUS frame!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
ScrapGoo
Cherry Jubilee

Post by ScrapGoo »

ChrissyTina wrote:**AHEM**

I've read through what you have!! :::tapping foot::: waiting..... ::checking watch::...... ::COUGH::

:winkb:

Seriously, your frame looks FANTASTIC!

I know.... you simply cannot stand by and wait for MORE of my creative genius, right?!?!?! :-D :inlove: Thanks, I like it.
ScrapGoo
Cherry Jubilee

Post by ScrapGoo »

BTT for those who missed it!
ncokely
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 601

Post by ncokely »

Totally missed this over the weekend---glad someone bumped it!!
[img]file:///C:/Users/jscokely/Documents/design%20team%20banner.png[/img]~Nancy~
Scrapbooking began in the Bible Ps. 78:3-4
Personal best-31 LO's completed 6/2010
Image Image ImageImage

croppinmama
Cherry Cola
Gallery: -2

Post by croppinmama »

This was a great class. My frame came out great....I put a photo of my dh and ds in it. Thanks for the flower instruction. I did have glubers so it was easy. I like using the banners without mist, it's a nice texture. I like how we have so much stuff left over to make other scrappy projects. :-D
Cherry Bing

Post by »

WOW wow wow...

I love this..sooo much...you really have an eye for coming up with cool home decor stuff.

where did you get the frame? very cool.

I love how you made the flower with the Pink Paislee mIstables scallops..

and the accordian half flower behind it.. love all your little touches..
ScrapGoo
Cherry Jubilee

Post by ScrapGoo »

firemanswife7 wrote:WOW wow wow...

I love this..sooo much...you really have an eye for coming up with cool home decor stuff.

where did you get the frame? very cool.

I love how you made the flower with the Pink Paislee mIstables scallops..

and the accordian half flower behind it.. love all your little touches..

Thanks, Lana!! :inlove: The frame is Pink Paislee's Mistable Wood Shadow Box Frame and I got it here... they just flew out of the warehouse super fast! I think we have more on order, though.

Actually, I take that back... they're in again!
scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1487

Post by scrapy1967 »

I have mine almost done I just need to decide on a photo! It is turning out super! Thanks Jess for teaching this awesome class!
ImageImage 

Return to “October Crop 2011”