blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3699

Re: NSD Recipe Challenge

Post by blbabe1234 »

sherelm wrote:
blbabe1234 wrote:
sherelm wrote:I have one comment - and one question for Brandy

BRANDY - is tone on tone embossed patterns considered "patterned" paper - I want something to transition my "all patterned paper".

Comment - OUR NEW GIRLS ARE TOO GOOD!!! OMG, are they going to be competition or what?????? LOVE their work!!

I'd consider that pattern paper. Just make sure you let me know that that's how you used it. Its a little hard sometimes to tell what something looks like via the computer screen.

And the newbies? Yes. OMG they are AMAZING! Love each and every layout so far!
THanks Brandy - I'll get right on the challenge now. I swear, I'm still recuperating from Saturday!! LOL

Hey its cool!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 940

Post by suewho372 »

Here is mine! I had a lot of fun, my "nachos" required 3-5 pics and a sketch (Which I combined a couple from pagemaps) cardstock only, chipboard/wood verneer/washi/twine/bling ( is on the wooden clock some brown stickles don't know if youcan see it) /and stickers. I am amazed I got it all on there!! This is my son, I had a lot of fun making the frame. I used a burlap sack and glued it to a piece of chipboard I cut to fit a 4 x6 pic--just happened to have some red on the logo which really accented my layout perfectly!
ImageOh and i played with paint too because the background of just cardstock needed an accent so I did some splatter of red and brown and on the chipboard letters too. I haven't ever done this and I had a blast along with making a MESS !! :)
Susan

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

suewho372 wrote:Here is mine! I had a lot of fun, my "nachos" required 3-5 pics and a sketch (Which I combined a couple from pagemaps) cardstock only, chipboard/wood verneer/washi/twine/bling ( is on the wooden clock some brown stickles don't know if youcan see it) /and stickers. I am amazed I got it all on there!! This is my son, I had a lot of fun making the frame. I used a burlap sack and glued it to a piece of chipboard I cut to fit a 4 x6 pic--just happened to have some red on the logo which really accented my layout perfectly!
ImageOh and i played with paint too because the background of just cardstock needed an accent so I did some splatter of red and brown and on the chipboard letters too. I haven't ever done this and I had a blast along with making a MESS !! :)

Susan, OMG - this is GORGEOUS!!! LOVE those photos of your son. He's quite handsome. ;) Love that you added the paint to bring out the cardstock. THe frame you wrapped in burlap - AMAZING. LOVE the large "L" with the clock. Just an absolute amazing layout. LOVE IT!! Thank you so much for doing my challenge.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

scrappininAK
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1886

Post by scrappininAK »

fabulous pages ladies - this was a real challenge for me - CS only, bling, punches (smaller circles), 3-5 pics, tag

Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up
Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 5420

Post by Deanna13 »

Here's my recipe: :)
Nachos, use between 3-5 photos (Used 3)
beef = cardstock and pattern paper (Matted 1 photo with CS)
no beans = stitching (at the top)
cheese = chipboard/wood veneer (Used chipboard alphas & wood birds)
lettuce = doily (Brown Kraft Doily)
white onions = washi tape (Grey Polka Dot)

Fun Time!

Thanks for the GREAT challenge, Brandy! :winkb:
Image Image ImageImage
letumom
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 846

Post by letumom »

scrappininAK wrote:fabulous pages ladies - this was a real challenge for me - CS only, bling, punches (smaller circles), 3-5 pics, tag

A challenge yes, but what an amazing layout! Graphically speaking, this packs a wallop! The concept of bubbles just permeates the layout with your circles and the bling. I love that you have the photos drifting off the page!
Laurie

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

scrappininAK wrote:fabulous pages ladies - this was a real challenge for me - CS only, bling, punches (smaller circles), 3-5 pics, tag

Wow Heather!! Really love how your photos are off center and the randomness of the circles and rings placed all over the place. Love the touch of bling. Thank you so much for doing my challenge!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Deanna13 wrote:Here's my recipe: :)
Nachos, use between 3-5 photos (Used 3)
beef = cardstock and pattern paper (Matted 1 photo with CS)
no beans = stitching (at the top)
cheese = chipboard/wood veneer (Used chipboard alphas & wood birds)
lettuce = doily (Brown Kraft Doily)
white onions = washi tape (Grey Polka Dot)

Fun Time!

Thanks for the GREAT challenge, Brandy! :winkb:

Oh wow! This is awesome! I really love the design and the colors you used. The pp is amazing and so is the washi tape. Thank you so much for doing my challenge!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

jrrah4903
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 649

Post by jrrah4903 »

JillinIN wrote:Image
This was sort of tough. I shouldn't have been such a pig! I chose the maximum amount of toppings for my burrito.
This was my material list:

beef = cardstock and pattern paper
refried beans = use a sketch
cheese = chipboard/wood veneer
jalapenos = glitter (stickles, loose glitter, etc)
tomatoes = brads
lettuce = doily
sour cream = stickers
If you chose
Burritos, use between 1-3 photos.
[highlight=#ffffff]

This is the sketch I chose. It's from a new memember's Blog. Thanks Stacey!
[/highlight]

I love the way you did the doily! I kept thinking, I don't have any of those, but I'd like to try them on a page. Well I have a slice and the vintage findings card, I think I too could find something doily-ish to cut from that! Great job.
- Jillian

jrrah4903
Cherry Cola

Post by jrrah4903 »

-----------ahhhhh, I ADORE THIS!!!
- Jillian

average_kim
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 846

Post by average_kim »

Here's mine! I had nachos (used 4 pics), with beef (cardstock and patterned paper), no beans (used "Faux" stitching), jalepenos (my chipboard letters and animal stickers were glittered, but I put a little stickles on the centers of the flowers on the pp so I wouldn't be cheating ;)), tomatoes (brads, love 'em!), red onions (the yellow polka dot ribbon), and sour cream (the 3D animal stickers). My page might be a little too crowded, but I like a busy layout!

BTW--it's in my gallery, it kept saying it was the wrong gallery "type"? to put in the Brandy's recipe challenge.
Last edited by average_kim on Wed May 08, 2013 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kim

Image Image  
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

average_kim wrote:Here's mine! I had nachos (used 4 pics), with beef (cardstock and patterned paper), no beans (used "Faux" stitching), jalepenos (my chipboard letters and animal stickers were glittered, but I put a little stickles on the centers of the flowers on the pp so I wouldn't be cheating ;)), tomatoes (brads, love 'em!), red onions (the yellow polka dot ribbon), and sour cream (the 3D animal stickers). My page might be a little too crowded, but I like a busy layout!

This is Awesome! Love the mix of pp you used and those pics are adorable. Love your ribbon and the brads. Your embellies are cute too. Thank you so much for doing my challenge!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

jrrah4903
Cherry Cola

Post by jrrah4903 »

My Recipe: Nachos 3-5 pictures.
Beef - cardstock & PP
No beans = stitching
cheese = chipboard
jalapenos = glitter
olives = button
sour cream = stickers
guacamole = flowers
- Jillian

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

jrrah4903 wrote:Image
My Recipe: Nachos 3-5 pictures.
Beef - cardstock & PP
No beans = stitching
cheese = chipboard
jalapenos = glitter
olives = button
sour cream = stickers
guacamole = flowers

This is awesome Jillian! Love the black bacground paper with all the bright colored embellies and cardstock. Those photos really pop! Thank you so much for doing my challenge!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

SherrieLynne
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 552

Post by SherrieLynne »

Here is my submission, I had no idea what I was getting into when I chose Nachos and everything I liked on them.

Nachos- 3 to 5 photos
No Beans- stitching
Cheese- wood veneer
Olives- buttons
White Onion- washi tape
Yellow Banana Peppers- Tags
Sour Cream- stickers
Quacamole- Flowers

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

SherrieLynne wrote:Here is my submission, I had no idea what I was getting into when I chose Nachos and everything I liked on them.

Nachos- 3 to 5 photos
No Beans- stitching
Cheese- wood veneer
Olives- buttons
White Onion- washi tape
Yellow Banana Peppers- Tags
Sour Cream- stickers
Quacamole- Flowers

OMG Sherrie! This is absolutely gorgeous! LOVE the stickers and the tag and the veneer flower. Love the small buttons on the tag and the beautiful colors! But my absolute fave on your is the stitched title! LOVE IT! Thank you so much for doing my challenge!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

Keling
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1509

Post by Keling »

My recipe:
Beef - Cardstock & Patterned Paper
Refried Beans - Use a sketch
cheese - chipboard/wood veneer
olives - buttons
lettuce - doily
Nachos - 3-5 photos

Sketch was from Scrapbooks Etc.
"Best Mom Ever" by Julie Mead
Sara
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Keling wrote:Image

This is absolutely amazing. Love the colors and the doily. The roses and the leaf elements are perfect. Thank you so much for doing my challenge!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

robkaynel
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 240

Post by robkaynel »

I had issues getting my layout to post to the General Scrapbooking Gallery & the challenge....seemed to like General Craft?? My recipe was
Chicken = cardstock only - used for background

blackbeans = punches - used my corner rounder

cheese = chipboard/wood veeneers - used wood alphas from Pink Paislee, misted & SC birds

jalapenos = glitter/stickles - used several different stickles to create a frame

guacamole = flowers - used several different flowers from my stash to create clusters in two corners.

The doileys were not part of my recipe but were the something that worked under my title....so I improvised

nachos = 3-5 photos

This combination of items was way out of my comfort range & not my normal style but came together decently. Thanks for the fun challenge.

http://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/use ... -mom-to-be
1grandma
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 187

Post by 1grandma »

This is my nacho with beef, black beans, cheese, olives, sour cream and guacamole. Image
Bibi

Return to “NSD Crop 2013”