Moderator: ACOT Employee

GinniG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 470

Re: Scrap a Day, May 14th

Post by GinniG »

emmapaige wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 9:26 am
We will be going to the grocery store (Acme where we get a 5% discount on Tuesdays for senior citizens). Once we get home and everything is put away, I hope to work on my 14th NSD challenge.

Chris! You’re rocking these challenges!!!! Have fun playing!!!
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 9:48 am
Hey Cherries 😊
My rhuematology appointment went well yesterday. She gave me a shot but I'm not sure how to spell the name of it lol tetral? 🤔 I don't think that's right lol ANYWAY I'm just glad to get some relief... didn't do much else yesterday - just felt tired and achy.
I'm having coffee now and watching some YouTube, thinking about all the fun stuff I want to do today lol! There's many more NSD challenges for me to do lol! I'll go back to regular May challenges afterwards - I'm seriously on a scrap mission this month! 😂 It's ALSO good to have things to do that keep our minds busy, right? Waiting for that letter (from my disability case) to come in the mail would be so much harder! 🧐
Stay blessed, Cherries! 😊

Holly, glad you got some relief! Hopefully it works a long time! And I hope your letter comes really soon with great news!!!! Meanwhile crafting is the best therapy ever!!!
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1041

Post by pawprints »

Charleneanne wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 1:47 pm
Howdy. I am back among the living today. Still small residual headache but soo much better. My movements yesterday lol we’re managing a shower and finally about 5pm walking down to the mailbox. I believe I’ll even get myself out and go to the grocery a bit later.

So happy healthy Tuesday and Scrap ON! Lol

So glad you are feeling better today Charleneanne!

Image Image Image Image

GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 10:17 am
Good morning cherries.

Yesterday didn't go as planned at all work-wise. I had an upgrade scheduled last night but an hour before that, the power went out at my client's corporate office. And that's where the server is held. So EVERYTHING went down. As of 9am, power was back up, but the server wasn't. So IT is currently working on that. We will try again for that upgrade.

We had a storm blow thru and luckily it barely clipped us, so no damage or any of the hail that others were experiencing. It just dropped the temps 20 degrees and for a mid-May day, after 110 heat indexes we've experienced, we will take it. Woke up to 63 and for once, not heat index either. LOL. So after I did a few things around the house, I went on my morning walk. Felt nice. And my foot cooperated too. Bruise is almost gone and the cut has healed.

After my shower, I worked on Brandi's Grunge Inspired Recipe Challenge while I drank my coffee. It's about half done.

Contractors are here already, doing their thing.

Hope everyone has a great day.

WOWOW Brandy! Glad you don’t have any damage! And glad those temps dropping to a manageable level! And glad that your foot was well enough to take your walk!!! How much longer will the contractors be? Have a much better afternoon!!!
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

MTCanuk wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 12:10 pm
Been busy already today.  Curtis is out early for an Avis run!

And I wasn’t far behind him.  Yesterday, they called to get my pre-op info.  The gal says-they missed some of your pre op blood work.  Say what???  I had it drawn on Apr30.  So off I went a little after 7am to get more blood drawn!  Hope this isn’t an indication of how surgery is going to go.  Just apprehensive about it all!!  Home shortly later.  DD stops by and then I head out to walk.  Had a doozy of a thunderstorm just after I went to bed, was sprinkling earlier and still very threatening out.

Finished planting my gardens yesterday.  And plan to cook today.  Took turkey broth out of freezer and some cut up chicken and will make some soup.  Also some ziti and maybe mac and cheese .  Will see how far I get.  Oh, yes date squares.

Got a couple more challenges done yesterday and may do more today.  Obviously not hanging outside with rain in the forecast.  

Wow Leslee! I hope and pray that your surgery is a MUCH better experience!!! Stay safe in those storms! Have fun cooking and playing !!!
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

fundays wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 1:39 pm
We are having a stormy day today in Central Florida with high winds as well so I went out early (for me) to get a walk in before the rain started. I think there is a hurricane coming into the Florida Panhandle so that's why it's dreary here. Had dr's appts yesterday and hope to get some more scrapping in today but have to run out for my Mother's day pics first. Kinda lost my wind all of the sudden. Hope to finish more of the challenges!!

Hope you get your wind back so you can play more! Stay safe in the storms!
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

Charleneanne wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 1:47 pm
Howdy. I am back among the living today. Still small residual headache but soo much better. My movements yesterday lol we’re managing a shower and finally about 5pm walking down to the mailbox. I believe I’ll even get myself out and go to the grocery a bit later.

So happy healthy Tuesday and Scrap ON! Lol

SOOOO glad you’re feeling better Charleneanne!!! Take good care of yourself!!!
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

Hi Cherries!!! 🍒

It’s another rainy dreary day. I’ll probably spend most of it scrapping and maybe a load or two of laundry.

Steve is sick again. I wanted to take him to the doctor today but he won’t go. I’m not taking no for an answer tomorrow if he’s not a LOT better! I’m trying hard not to be too worried… NSD challenges help with that. :)

I have 3 more I DEFINITELY want to do and several more I’d LIKE to do. But if I have to take him to the doctor I won’t get much done… Poor guy is so miserable! And there’s nothing I can do for him. He’s on his 2nd day of not eating again… UGH!!! Why do men have to be so stubborn?

Sorry for the rant… I hope everyone is having a terrific Tuesday!!!
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3696

Post by blbabe1234 »

GinniG wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 3:39 pm
blbabe1234 wrote:
Good morning cherries.

Yesterday didn't go as planned at all work-wise. I had an upgrade scheduled last night but an hour before that, the power went out at my client's corporate office. And that's where the server is held. So EVERYTHING went down. As of 9am, power was back up, but the server wasn't. So IT is currently working on that. We will try again for that upgrade.

We had a storm blow thru and luckily it barely clipped us, so no damage or any of the hail that others were experiencing. It just dropped the temps 20 degrees and for a mid-May day, after 110 heat indexes we've experienced, we will take it. Woke up to 63 and for once, not heat index either. LOL. So after I did a few things around the house, I went on my morning walk. Felt nice. And my foot cooperated too. Bruise is almost gone and the cut has healed.

After my shower, I worked on Brandi's Grunge Inspired Recipe Challenge while I drank my coffee. It's about half done.

WOWOW Brandy! Glad you don’t have any damage! And glad those temps dropping to a manageable level! And glad that your foot was well enough to take your walk!!! How much longer will the contractors be? Have a much better afternoon!!! 
Probably another 2-3 weeks. There will be gaps where they won't be here. LIke after they finish framing, they have to have the city inspect before moving forward. If there's a waiting list for that, then they won't be here. We also need our garage door guy to come look (once they are done framing) so he can place an order for our garage door. We are also waiting for the window to arrive. Then the electrician needs to do his thing once they put up the wall

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

GinniG wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 3:51 pm
Hi Cherries!!! 🍒

It’s another rainy dreary day. I’ll probably spend most of it scrapping and maybe a load or two of laundry.

Steve is sick again. I wanted to take him to the doctor today but he won’t go. I’m not taking no for an answer tomorrow if he’s not a LOT better! I’m trying hard not to be too worried… NSD challenges help with that. :)

I have 3 more I DEFINITELY want to do and several more I’d LIKE to do. But if I have to take him to the doctor I won’t get much done… Poor guy is so miserable! And there’s nothing I can do for him. He’s on his 2nd day of not eating again… UGH!!! Why do men have to be so stubborn?

I'm sorry Steve is sick again. ((HUGS))

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

GinniG wrote:
Hi Cherries!!! 🍒

I'm so sorry Steve is sick again Ginni. ((Hugs))

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

I finished Flasher's Merry Month of May challenge. Now on to another.

Image Image Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

pawprints wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 5:13 pm

Beautiful Barb! LOVE The doggie embellies

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 4:00 pm
GinniG wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 3:39 pm
blbabe1234 wrote:
Good morning cherries.

Probably another 2-3 weeks. There will be gaps where they won't be here. LIke after they finish framing, they have to have the city inspect before moving forward. If there's a waiting list for that, then they won't be here. We also need our garage door guy to come look (once they are done framing) so he can place an order for our garage door. We are also waiting for the window to arrive. Then the electrician needs to do his thing once they put up the wall

It’s amazing how much has to be done to create a couple of walls isn’t it? Hopefully all will go smoothly!
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 4:09 pm
GinniG wrote:
Hi Cherries!!! 🍒

I'm sorry Steve is sick again. ((HUGS))

Thanks Brandy. He’s never really recovered. I hope that urologist gets here soon! He’s so miserable.:(
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

pawprints wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 5:13 pm

Thanks so much Barb! Your layout is fabulous!!!

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”