How do people update their Plugin Alliance plugins?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Don't most people just sell their PA plugins rather than update?

sandandpaint wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 10:10 am Don't most people just sell their PA plugins rather than update?
Not worth it the time and effort. I just delete them (have at least 20-30 I’ve deleted).

m-ac wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:10 am
thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 12:26 am I only update when I notice an update ... there's no heads-up from PA that's for sure. I prefer to use the individual installers so I can put the .dll & .vst3 files where I want them.
How do you notice there's an update? The only way I can see is by opening your plugin to check what version you're running, then going to the plugin alliance website to see what the latest versions are on there and comparing? Wouldn't be so bad if I only owned one or two of their plugs, but when you've got a lot, that gets old, fast.
Sure does, but there appears to be no alternative to visiting my PA account and checking for updates.

I have read somewhere (Probably on NI site) that soon all iZotope and PA stuff will be handled by Native Access software

andypryce wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:21 am I have read somewhere (Probably on NI site) that soon all iZotope and PA stuff will be handled by Native Access software
Oh gosh... Plugin Alliance's Installation Manager is super fast and smooth, iZotope's Product Portal is ok, but NI's Native Access is a total piece of shit.
Optimal number of audio plugins is one more than you currently have.

J4R1O wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:29 pm NI's Native Access is a total piece of shit.
Could not agree more. I'll be selling my PA account if they start using NA ...

J4R1O wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:29 pm
andypryce wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:21 am I have read somewhere (Probably on NI site) that soon all iZotope and PA stuff will be handled by Native Access software
Oh gosh... Plugin Alliance's Installation Manager is super fast and smooth, iZotope's Product Portal is ok, but NI's Native Access is a total piece of shit.
I'm the other way round. PA's manager is the worst for me because it doesn't let you know when anything needs updating, iZotope's is erratic, but for me I've had very few problems with NA and it does a good job of keeping me updated.

aMUSEd wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:57 pm
J4R1O wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:29 pm
I'm the other way round. PA's manager is the worst for me because it doesn't let you know when anything needs updating, iZotope's is erratic, but for me I've had very few problems with NA and it does a good job of keeping me updated.
Interesting. NA worked fine on my machine (Windows 10) but when I updated to 3.10.3 problems started to occur. I downgraded back to previous version but when I logged in second time NA automatically updated back to 3.10.3 :dog: Now I don't even have NA installed on my PC. I've had enough.
Last edited by J4R1O on Wed May 22, 2024 6:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

double

J4R1O wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:58 pm ... when I updated to 3.10.3 problems started to occur. I downgraded back to previous version but when I logged in second time NA update back to 3.10.3 :dog: Now I don't even have NA installed on my PC. I've had enough.
Same here ...

I'm going through and downloading updates to install and I've noticed that a few plugins have 0.0.0 as their version number.

Example: https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... #downloads

What's up with that?
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

I noticed that too. I presume it means the end of development for 0.0.0 labelled plugins (?)

Return to “Effects”